Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof leak around chimney breast!

Options
  • 16-08-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Big stain appeared in bedroom lately and i traced it to chimney breast area.Is it a big job to fix.Seems like battens are rotted.

would this job cost alot?galway area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I would help if you gave a bit more detail, e.g type of roof, tiles, slate..

Have you been outside to have a look? you could use binoculars if you had them to have a look at the chimney and the roof area to see if there was something a miss with the lead flashing...sometimes if lead flashing is badly done it can slip out of place....

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

I'm having the same problem. I have a Pitch Tiled Roof and I think its the Flashign around the Chimney.

Can anyone recommend a Roofer that could fix this?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah, probably an issue with your lead flashing/valley.
    Any roofer should be able to fix it.
    As usual check for guarantee and insurance.
    If your rafters are actually rotten expect to pay a lot more (though house insurance should cover it)
    1) Get some quotes
    2) call insurance assessor

Advertisement