Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryder cup tickets

• 16-08-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Has anyone who won tickets in the Ryder cup ticket lottery (well, won the chance to buy tickets), heard anything from them. Tickets were supposed to be dispatched 6 weeks before the tournament starts, which should mean tickets would be arriving any day now. Just wondering because I've heard nothing yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

This is the e-mail I got yesterday:

This will be the address to which your tickets will be delivered, unless you have been requested to collect your tickets in person.

If you wish to change your delivery address please go to https://securetickets.rydercup.com/modifydata/login.aspx

To enter the site you will need to enter the code ****** and provide the Date of Birth of one of the people included in your application.

Changes made on the site will be accepted until 20th August.

Tickets will be dispatched by DHL in the week commencing 21 August.

If you intend to travel by car to the Ryder Cup and do not already have Parking Passes for the days you will attend you should follow the link above where you will be able to purchase car parking passes.

If you have already purchased Parking Passes then following the link above you will be able to indicate your preferred Park & Ride Venue. There are two Park & Ride Venues, one to the North (Weston Aerodrome) and one to the South (Palmerstown House, Johnstown). Please note that space in the North Park & Ride is limited and subject to availability. If you do not indicate a preference you will be assigned to the South Park & Ride.

Parking Passes are specific to a Park & Ride venue and are not transferable. You will not gain access unless you have the correct parking pass.

Details of the Park & Ride Venues are at the end of this message, but please note that all details may be subject to change.

Train Services: There will be a train service from Connolly Station in central Dublin direct to Leixlip Louisa Bridge where there will be a bus shuttle directly to the North Bus Terminal adjacent to The K Club. Total cost of a return ticket including bus shuttle is €20.00. Tickets must be booked in advance at www.irishrail.ie.

Regards
    Ryder Cup Ticketing

Directions to Park & Ride venues are as follows:

Arriving to the North Park & Ride (Weston Aerodrome)

From the West: -
    On M4 Eastbound heading towards Dublin leave at junction for Leixslip. (Do not exit at junction for Leixslip West). Follow signs to North Park & Ride North.

From the Dublin and the North: -
    From Dublin or the M50 take the N4 Westbound heading towards Sligo and Galway. Leave at junction for Celbridge and Lucan and follow signs to North Park & Ride.

Upon arrival Weston Aerodrome, guests will be directed to car parks and onwards to the ticket and security checkpoint.

Once the ticket and security check has been completed, spectators will be directed to waiting shuttle buses for transfer to The Ryder Cup North Bus Terminal, located adjacent to the Clubhouse Entrance of The K Club.

Limited catering, toilets, and telephone facilities are available at the North Park & Ride. There will be a left luggage facility at the North Bus Terminal. Spectators should be aware that there will be further security checks at the North Bus Terminal and should allow time for this in their itinerary.

Under normal traffic conditions the transfer time from the North Park & Ride to The Ryder Cup North Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes, but we suggest you allow a minimum of 30 minutes.

Arriving to the South Park & Ride (Palmerstown House, Johnstown)

From the South West: -
    On N7 Eastbound heading towards Dublin leave at junction for Johnstown and Sallins and follow signs to South Park & Ride.

From Dublin or the South: -
    From Dublin or the M50 take the N7 Westbound heading towards Cork and Limerick. Leave at the junction for Johnstown and Sallins and follow signs to South Park & Ride.

Upon arrival at Palmerstown House, guests will be directed to car parks and onwards to the ticket and security checkpoint.

Once the ticket and security check has been completed guests will be directed to waiting shuttle buses for transfer to The Ryder Cup South Bus Terminal, located adjacent to the Main Gate at The K Club. Spectators should be aware that there will be further security checks at the South Bus Terminal and should allow time for this in their itinerary.

Limited catering, toilets, and telephone facilities are available at the South Park & Ride. There will be a left luggage facility at the South Bus Terminal.

Under normal traffic conditions the transfer time from Palmerstown House Car Park to The Ryder Cup South Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes, however we suggest you allow a minimum of 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Hixfunk

Got the same mail yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

no mail here yet, tickets not getting dispatched untill Monday anyway so thats grand.
    Thanks for the replies.

Still waiting for those damn tickets......DHL? Don't Hurry Love

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

Have they been sent yet, thought Id have mine today

No tickets here yet either, Expecting them to arrive tomorrow or next Monday at the latest

I wouldn't normally worry about this, but I knew someone who was going to the World cup final, until their official, paid for ticket somehow disappeared in the post....:eek:
    The official mail a couple of weeks back intonated that everything was in perfect order, today still no delivery......

Everything else leading up to the Ryder Cup seems to have run perfectly, so is it "Murphys" that there may be a ticket issue??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Got tickets DHLed for the practice day on Tuesday today lads.

Not particularly hi-tech or security orientated - sheet of paper, plastic slip and a lanyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I won tickets for the practice day (Tues). Anyone know if many of the top golfers will be there on the practice days?

• Advertisement

Still no tickets......:confused:
    The anxiety is increasing

nothing here either,damn it they should have arrived by now. I didn't get any email either stating they would be posted last week. I've emailed Ryder Cup Tickets but still waiting for a reply.

not panicking yet though. will start to get worried if theres no sign of them by next monday

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vandeman

Got my tickets yesterday yes !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 T BONE steak

Hey Vandeman, may I know how did you get your tickets? Did DHL deliver it to you? Did you need a tracking number for your tickets? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vandeman

Yeah DHL delivered the tickets on Monday morning. First they rang for directions to the house and about thirty minutes later he arrived. No tracking number needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

my tickets haven't arrived and there's nobody in the house during the day - anyone know how I'll get them cos I'll miss them when they call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DalkeithRFC

DHL require you to be the signatory & won't let your neighbour sign for them, you will then have to pick them up at your local DHL offices....(I know this cos they wouldn't leave my IPOD !)

I'm still waiting on my tickets too & have received a tracking number from the rcts but it still says they are in Coventry since 25th August.

DHL Update - DHL say they have only been given a number by RCTS but do not have any packages, they are awaiting RCTS to call them ....for Feck's sake ! :mad:

Another update.............all deliveries are being processed after 5pm to facilitate people not being home during the day. There will ideally be a phonecall to coordinate drop-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Wight

I got my tickets but no parking pass! I paid for the pass way back at the time I got drawn in the lottery when I paid for the tickets. Ryder Cup aren't answwering my emails now either, other than a form "We won't accept any chnages to parking bookings after August 21st." NOT a happy camper.

Anyone got a phone number or even postal address for this lot? I'd prefer phone but even a suitably stern registered letter would be a start.

Course if they don't give me my pass they've effectively fraudulently billed my credit card......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Hi guys,

I just won two tickets for a practice round on Tuesday 19th from AIB but they are unable to tell me which course its on as there are two golf course`s can anyone shed any light on that.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 T BONE steak

Wight wrote:
    I got my tickets but no parking pass! I paid for the pass way back at the time I got drawn in the lottery when I paid for the tickets. Ryder Cup aren't answwering my emails now either, other than a form "We won't accept any chnages to parking bookings after August 21st." NOT a happy camper.

Anyone got a phone number or even postal address for this lot? I'd prefer phone but even a suitably stern registered letter would be a start.

Course if they don't give me my pass they've effectively fraudulently billed my credit card......

It takes RCTS three to four days to reply the emails. I guess the time will be longer for them to answer email with so many problems with the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I too got tickets for the Wednesday practice day but no parking pass.

I have sent 4 mails to RCTS, and no reply. Who can we contact?

I was trying for ages to contact the ryder ticket crowd by mail but got no replies. got contact detais from another thread, when i rang the UK office i got talking to someone, probably your best option is to call them. (I tried to Irish office too but just got answering machine, left message but as expected no reply).

In any case I eventually got my tickets yesterday evening (Parking passes included)

Hope you get it sorted..

UK Office:
    Seamos House, Brooks Drive,
    Cheadle Royal Bus. Park,
    Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 3SA.
    England
    Tel: +44 (0)870 755 3004
    Fax: +44 (0)870 755 3009

Ireland Office:
    Ground Floor,
    Jurys Ballsbridge Hotel,
    Dublin 4,
    Ireland
    Tel: +353 (0)1 231 0090
    Fax: +353 (0)1 231 0091

Normal Hours of Business : Monday to Friday
    9.00 AM - 5.00 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

If you have tickets that you want to give to someone else: what's the situation? Do you have to register/reregister the new person's passport? Does everyone have tickets have to register their passport, or is it just the main ticket holder? Can one get in with an ID other than a passport?

Cheers for any info. :-D

Yes, you have to re-register with the new name & passport number & you could use the new driver's license with your photo on it....

Advertisement