Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question..

Options
  • 16-08-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

I know this is probably a studpid question and that i should know the answer but is a 'c2' in a pass paper consider an honour??

Like i need 2 honours to get into comp science so does that count??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Eh, a C3 in honours would be considered an honour. As far as I know you can't get an honour if you did a pass subject, sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I don't think so. As far as I know they're only honours if they're at higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

take it a d in higher paper doesnt count either =[[

looks like im screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

No unfortunately it doesnt count.
    One of my old teachers told us that they call a C or better in pass a "complimentary honour".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is always another route into whatever course you want. Don't make any hasty decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

spurious wrote:
    There is always another route into whatever course you want. Don't make any hasty decisions.

exactly.

i did horrendously bad on my LC (studied 1 subject, maths.. and got a B.. everything else was a D or barely a C) and i went off to do a PLC (2 weeks after it started, mind you). better off for it... i came into DIT with a years extra college experience (i.e. fogging off classes, getting assessments every few weeks, etc.). on top of that i'm far better at my chosen subject then the majority of people who went from LC straight into college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

exactly.

i did horrendously bad on my LC (studied 1 subject, maths.. and got a B.. everything else was a D or barely a C) and i went off to do a PLC (2 weeks after it started, mind you). better off for it... i came into DIT with a years extra college experience (i.e. fogging off classes, getting assessments every few weeks, etc.). on top of that i'm far better at my chosen subject then the majority of people who went from LC straight into college.
    Well fair play to ya! Truly! :)

It's interesting how when the results come out, some who got really high points go around waving their results above their head as though they're kings and queens. At the end of the day, just because a person got 560 or something, doesn't mean that they're going to be anymore successful in life - they have more of a chance to be successful but it is always so. I know a girl who got high points and she's still as stupid as she always is (not from an academic point of view but from a "cop on" point of view). She works in a "private club" she claims which is actually a strip club :rolleyes:. My father did his LC, never went to college and is now extremelly successful as he has his own carpet fitting company. At the end of the day, the results will be forgotten about in a few weeks and become yesterday's news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

UU wrote:
    Well fair play to ya! Truly! :)

It's interesting how when the results come out, some who got really high points go around waving their results above their head as though they're kings and queens. At the end of the day, just because a person got 560 or something, doesn't mean that they're going to be anymore successful in life - they have more of a chance to be successful but it is always so. I know a girl who got high points and she's still as stupid as she always is (not from an academic point of view but from a "cop on" point of view). She works in a "private club" she claims which is actually a strip club :rolleyes:. My father did his LC, never went to college and is now extremelly successful as he has his own carpet fitting company. At the end of the day, the results will be forgotten about in a few weeks and become yesterday's news.

well i put my results down to a complete lack of interest at all. the course i do now is something i have genuine interest in, and if i give it any effort at all i'll do really well in it... same applies to any of you LCers. doesn't matter about your result. in 6 months time you wont even remember your points because you'll either be travelling the world, earning some cash or studying something you actually give a fook about..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

well i did quite well and i'm going into drama.

i'm going to be poor and starving for the rest of my life :):)

but there are so many plc courses, apprenticeships etc around that the LC and the cao system is not the be all and end all.

There is a place for everyone, somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Smurphette wrote:
    well i did quite well and i'm going into drama.

i'm going to be poor and starving for the rest of my life :):)

but there are so many plc courses, apprenticeships etc around that the LC and the cao system is not the be all and end all.

There is a place for everyone, somewhere.
    where are you going to do drama smurphette? I have a friend who's going to do it in UCC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

hopefully there too, if i get it! :D

Advertisement