Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art results??

Options
  • 16-08-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What did you get?? Everyone I've talk to about it got a B, even those who shouldnt have got that high did!! Im not being arrogant but I really studied hard and wanted an A, but I ended up with a B2!! Gutted!! Alot of people are getting them rechecked.... whats the deal with this exam!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I got a C3, and I think I should have got at least a B2. I will be getting that rechecked alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

B1...Did so well, definitely getting a recheck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Groovy

omg i can't believe art either ........... i got a b ......... but i worked so hard 4 it and it was one of my best subjects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are der a lot of people angry bout it i wonder?????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i got a c2 :mad: very disappointed with that. ok, im not great on art history but i easily passed that part.

i was quite pleased with my practical work and in my eyes, it was one of the best in the class. if i got a c2, the majority of my class should have failed.

the only reason i can think of is that they were rewarding original/unique ideas and didn't care about the technical side of things or how clean it looked. but looking at the marking scheme - i just can't see where i went wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I got a fvckin D1 on Higher Level!!!!

I know me History wasnt great but I thought me practicals were savage

Lots of people seem t need a recheck, the correctors this year must be on crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

the only reason i can think of is that they were rewarding original/unique ideas and didn't care about the technical side of things or how clean it looked. but looking at the marking scheme - i just can't see where i went wrong

Pfft.. Mine was very original and unique.. ¬_¬ and I got a C1... though I didnt have enough time to get my sketches in.. :/ Dunno if i should ge a recheck. It can go down aswell as up, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I got a B2 in Art.. blame art history, had no teacher.

Roll on NCAD Core!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

One of my worst results..

I got a C3 which is a bit disapointing. Then again I did do the course in a year and wrote very little for my Art History exam. I falied that paper but I'd say the practicles made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

I got a B2, my highest overall, so I'm well pleased.

I thought I'd get less because I fugged up my design BADly...but then again my still life and life drawings were good.

My written exam was I'd imagine, only average, I studied the day before...and that's about it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

This seems to be a recurring problem,
    Art was my strongest subject and I got a B1, Was'nt that bitter but I was hoping for the A, I got into National College of art n design also so I was happy. There were others in my class who got Cs, alot went for rechecks, kinda lost touch so dont know what the outcome was. Out teacher said she was disapointed as we were one of the best classes she had
    (for results!..that is previous to the actual leaving cert exam), so we must of had a hard marker i suppose.
    Oh yes I did my leaving in 1996..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Art was my only A. Got an A2 and I'm intensely pleased with it. I need to see my art teacher! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

i got a c2, was really dissapointed, considering the amount of work i put in and that i did the course in a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

I got a b1 but my friend got an a2, and my cousin got a a1 (she's an artisitic genius...but for some reason doing latin in college?!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i got b2... thought i really ****ed up some of the practical but aced the history.. think it was a pretty fair grade though i would, of course, have liked an a

• Registered Users Posts: 30 joema

Got what I deserved - a C2. Thought it was marked fairly

Advertisement