Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH - moving threads

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Just like to know why this thread was moved, while every stupid question about the best coffee in Dublin, or softest grass in Dublin are tolerated?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I would see that as a good regional thread to move. If you feel that other threads should be moved to the Dublin forum then you could point them out when the need arises.

We'll take the softest grass thread over in Gardening/DIY though, we love a bit of soft grass ;).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

gimmick
    Why are you setting a thread up here on it?
    Or did the PM you sent to the forum Mod who moved it not get answered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Beruthiel wrote:
    gimmick

I'm guessing this thread was created before any PM was sent.

And Ruu was 100% correct to move the thread. Also, I move any Dublin related threads I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Beruthiel wrote:
    gimmick

Is this not the feedback forum? Are we not allowed start threads for fear of clogging up space. I didnt PM any forum mod this time. I have done before, never got a response.
    And Ruu was 100% correct to move the thread. Also, I move any Dublin related threads I see.

I agree. its just a pity it isnt done for all.

gimmick wrote:
    Is this not the feedback forum? Are we not allowed start threads for fear of clogging up space. I didnt PM any forum mod this time. I have done before, never got a response.

I'm also sure Ruu would reply to you. Have you PM'd Ruu about an issue with his moderating before? Didn't think so.

So, a translation: "I didn't bother PM'ing the moderator because I feel that boards is very Dublin-centric and wanted to vent my anger about that on the feedback forum, under the pretence of a thread being moved issue".

So I ask you, why do you think this thread should have remained in AH?
    gimmick wrote:
    I agree. its just a pity it isnt done for all.

Sometimes by the time a mod sees a thread should be moved it has been AH'ified and isn't worthy of being moved to the relevant forum. This has happend on a few occasions.

• Advertisement

sjones wrote:

I'm also sure Ruu would reply to you. Have you PM'd Ruu about an issue with his moderating before? Didn't think so.

So, a translation: "I didn't bother PM'ing the moderator because I feel that boards is very Dublin-centric and wanted to vent my anger about that on the feedback forum, under the pretence of a thread being moved issue".

Not this time no, but when i got a bee in my bonnett of this a few months ago I did. Not sure whether Ruu was a mod on that board then or not.
    sjones wrote:
    So I ask you, why do you think this thread should have remained in AH?

Not quite sure what you are on about.

sjones wrote:
    Sometimes by the time a mod sees a thread should be moved it has been AH'ified and isn't worthy of being moved to the relevant forum. This has happend on a few occasions.

Thats fair enough, and i understand that.

Now i will admit I did a thread on this last year here, and was just met with sarcasm and no decent or real answers where given. Cant find it now though.

---

Its great to use a feedback forum and not be met with sarcasm to a simple question. Great reflection on all the posters, and indeed mods, here.

gimmick wrote:
    Just like to know why this thread was moved
    sjones wrote:
    why do you think this thread should have remained in AH?
    gimmick wrote:
    Not quite sure what you are on about.

:confused:

Ah sorry, I see your point now.

The question I was asking is why more Dublin related threads last in AH, and non Dublin threads, like that Navan one, get move dstraight away.

I have no probelm with it being moved, quite agree in fact (not that you need my blessing :rolleyes: ).

Its not a big issue, just wanted to ask the question, which it has now been answered.

No worries mate. I give no favourtism to any Dublin related threads seeing as I'm from the other side of the country, so I move them as quickly as I would any other thread that does not belong in AH. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Indeed, if you have any issue with a thread I move feel free to send me a PM, I don't bite. I mean that. ;) I can guarantee you will get a reply. As sjones said I give no favourtism to any Dublin (or any other region) threads, its a matter of which of the AH mods get to it first really. Question has been answered anyway.
    Myself, julep and sjones were brought in to help out the existing mods cope with the traffic, so if theres something we have missed, report it or PM one of us and I'm sure it can be sorted out, have a good day. :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

there will be no Dublin favouritism from myself, sjones or Ruu.
    non of us are from Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

sjones wrote:
    Ruu was 100% correct to move the thread. Also, I move any Dublin related threads I see.

WWM must be so proud! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my mum is also very proud.

gimmick, the simple answer is this.

if an ah mod sees something that jumps out at them and they feel its a thread that needs to be somewhere else, then they will move it.
    if it doesnt really stand out, then they wont.

weve had a pole recenlty and people complained that there were far too many threads being moved around.

now, as always it seems you cant please all of the people all of the time, this time you just happen to be that 1% that is unhappy.

there is no right or wrong answer to this. we dont run everything on a strict criteria. we just go on common sense. sure, sometimes there are threads that could be moved, but we just dont bother. if that upsets you, as it appers to have done now, then my apologies for your unhappiness.

if you feel a thread should be moved, then feel free to report it and say so.

however, starting a thread in feedback to complain about the lack of consistancy of moving threads seems a little bit.... petty to me.
    but sure each to their own. id advise you not to lose any sleep over it.

Question was answered already.

Advertisement