Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks,
    We're looking for someone with web design experience to design the UCD Ents website.
    There is a website already in place but it needs a revamp. So if anyone's interested please contact me with your portfolio or webpage.
    cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This isn't the right forum for this thread. I can't think of what is, but it would be something in Comp. If you post it there, you're more likely to get some sort of response that might be useful.

I'll leave this here anyway, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

you'll get a better response in the "Comp" --> "..Web" --> "Webmaster Flash" forum...

also, try either www.jobs.ie or monster.ie.

I am neither a genius nor professional when it comes to programming but I am very good at basic web pages so if you want a bit of help/advice there, feel free to pm me.

Regards
    Nev

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Are you looking for a UCD student to do it? If so, then this is prob the correct forum. If it's open to all, then the Webmaster forum or the Jobs section of adverts.ie is prob better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

ucdents wrote:
    Hi folks,
    We're looking for someone with web design experience to design the UCD Ents website.
    There is a website already in place but it needs a revamp. So if anyone's interested please contact me with your portfolio or webpage.
    cheers

I thought Jonathan Blackmore did some excellent work on that last year. A redesign doesn't really seem necessary to me....

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

At a rough guess, i'd say he's looking for a freebie. If he is though, I can't really see it being done, as I don't think anyone from comp. sci. gets involved in anything to do with the SU.

I do know one person who MAY do it, he's already doing the trampsoc one, so I'll pass it on and see if he is interested.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i might be interested depending on time commitments. i've done the UCD engsoc one for the past few years, before handing it over to a new crowd.

PM me and we might talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Blowfish wrote:
    At a rough guess, i'd say he's looking for a freebie. If he is though, I can't really see it being done, as I don't think anyone from comp. sci. gets involved in anything to do with the SU.

I do know one person who MAY do it, he's already doing the trampsoc one, so I'll pass it on and see if he is interested.

First of all it is a girl who's the Ents officer and she is far from looking for a freebie.

A computer science doctorate student did the new ucdsu website so they do get involved also the new Comm and IT officer is a 2nd year Comp Sci student who's going on to 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Chakar wrote:
    A computer science doctorate student did the new ucdsu website so they do get involved also the new Comm and IT officer is a 2nd year Comp Sci student who's going on to 3rd year.
    I was referring to the comp. sci. boardsies. Also there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the op is the ents officer, it may be, or it may be someone helping her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Granted but she knows about this post on boards.ie anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement