Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Star Wars - Slave 1

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

02-006209_270.jpg
    My 9 year old nephew was dead keen on getting this set and used €60 of his own money to buy it yesterday... it soon proved a little bit too complicated for him though, so when I got home form work late last night I had to spend 3 hours building it for him.

They really need to come up with a better way of displaying the buidling instructions for these things, that isometric 3D view can be very confusing. But I got it completed in the end.

It's pretty cool, it's weighted in such a way that when you tilt it forward the cockpit and wings shift position so that the ship is in it's combat mode. There is a hatch on the front that opens up to reveal a powerful spring loaded cannon and there are two missile bays that open on the sides... oh and a bomber bay for droping sonic bombs out of.

There is even a little loading bay so you can stick a carbonite frozen Han Solo into the back of the ship.

I'll post up photos later... eh... if it hasn't been disassembled while I've been in work today.

I'm going to try and convince my nephew to get the Star Destroyer lego set for Christmas... it comes with a little lego Grand Moff Tarkin... how cool is that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Any pics yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Wow, you mean kids still like Lego?
    He does know there are videogame consoles doesn't he? ó_O
    I'd have thought us 80's kids were the last to experience the hours of Lego building fun.
    Maybe it's a Lego StarWars thing, hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well he is exitedly looking forward to the Lego Stars 2 videogame... the first one was actually excellent.

grrr... never got around to taking photos of Slave 1... and it got broken up only the other day.. I'm amazed it lasted so long... the TIE Fighter last year only lasted about a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

and it got broken up only the other day
    Yeah that's the great thing about Lego... you can break it and it's never really broken.
    Sturdy stuff.
    I was a divil for breaking things open to see what's inside and how it works... probably why my parents got me so much Lego. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭vallo

My 8-year old son made this - it is really cool! I think the lego instructions are a bit like the Irish Times cryptic crossword .... you get used to them after a while.
    Those lego-designes have a great sense of humour ... the frozen Han Solo was a classy touch!
    The lego star wars PS2 games are brilliant also ... haven't a clue about how they work (don't do PS2) but watching the kids play is very entertaining. There is something very Carrie Fischer about the way the electronic/lego Princess Leia (sp?) character poses when she is not doing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<<slightly OT>>
    Actually, I was close to tearing my girlfriends house apart with raw anger when we tried co-op Lego Star Wars 2 (XBox in this case) as the draw distance on the screen makes it almost impossible to move around unless both players move in the same direction at the same time. There were loads of bits where one of us would just keep dying because the ledge someone was standing on would move out of screen when the other moved. I was so disappointed as the first one was excellent and didn't suffer from this as much.

Advertisement