Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost CAO Number - need for Grant

Options
  • 16-08-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey,
    I did my Leaving in '05 but I need my CAO number now to apply for a grant. The deadline is in like 2 weeks, and I have no idea how or where to get my hands on the CAO number.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Email CAO before they get extra busy would be a good start. www.cao.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Not sure if it helps but it's the same as your student number in college

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Are you serious? I did a year in DIT last year, then left, but I still know my student number. Is that the same for every college? So it's like ... C05627771 for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Its the same as your student no in college

They also require a copy of the CAO acceptance slip. What is that? If it's one of those ****ty bits of paper they never made a point out of telling us to hold onto then I'm up a certain creek without a paddling device.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

UMM don't mean to disappoint but it is not your college I.D number as I have been to a few colleges and their not the same. Also if you quit a course you may not be eligible for a grant i't does though depend on when you officially left. If you left after November you will also have to pay fullish course fees. Sorry for the dampening news... My suggestion as I don't know all the info would be to to contact both your local councilabout the grant and the college about the fees..

For anyone reading this who has also lost it, if you call up the CAO office they'll give you the number over the phone. It was the same as my university college number, except that has a 'C' added on at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

won't it just be on the offer form you get next monday? can you not just fill out the rest of the grant application and then just do the part with the cao number on it next monday?

They also require a copy of the CAO acceptance slip. What is that? If it's one of those ****ty bits of paper they never made a point out of telling us to hold onto then I'm up a certain creek without a paddling device.

As someone said, you'll be getting this in the post once you agree to whatever course you are looking to do when the CAO offers come out. Should get it middle of next week I'd say.

Advertisement