Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time on DC 5 mins behind

• 16-08-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Guys, All the pcs on our network are 5mins behind what they should be.

If i manualy change the time on the DC and my laptop it will after a day or 2 go back again exactly 5mins behind again....

Its getting very annoying as all the directors are 5mins late for meetings and im getting aboused about it,

Googled and googled to no avail, has anyone else seen this???

please HELP!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

You've fixed the time on the domain controller, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Teamhair wrote:
    You've fixed the time on the domain controller, yeah?

No everytime i manually change it within a day or so it slips back to 5 mins behind!!!

Have a skim through this article, it might help. There are a couple of links in it that may be more relevant to your network.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Configuring-Windows-Time-Service.html

Wait, my URL has been messed up. Let me try pasting it again

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Configuring-Windows-Time-Service.html

It get you to the right place, my mistake! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Your server CMOS battery could be fading. Depending on server age I would replace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You could set it up to synchronise with one of the many time servers on the internet every hour or so

Teamhair wrote:
    It get you to the right place, my mistake! Good luck!

Will try later thanks for all your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

You could set it up to synchronise with one of the many time servers on the internet every hour or so

Thats what I was thinking. NTP is your friend. Just dont do a dlink and hammer the NTP servers :)

k went through the microsoft guide seems to have worked but the real trick is to leave for a few days and see if time stays still!!!!!

Thanks guys for all your help!!!

hey u guys any good with exchange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

For NTP use 0.ie.pool.ntp.org and 1.ie.pool.ntp.org

That should speed up NTP and ensure you don't hammer specific servers

Make another thread for the Exchange question :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thats what I was thinking. NTP is your friend. Just dont do a dlink and hammer the NTP servers :)
    Dell Windows XP SP2 CD

\$OEM$\oem.inf
    [Version]
    Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
    AddReg=Volume.AddReg, Reboot.AddReg, Time.AddReg

[Volume.AddReg]
    HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\SysTray","Services",0x00010001,31

[Reboot.AddReg]
    HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl","AutoReboot",0x00010001,0

[Time.AddReg]
    HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DateTime\Servers",,0000000000,"3"
    HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DateTime\Servers","3",0000000000,"time-a.nist.gov"

Advertisement