Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Sponsorship

Options
  • 16-08-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I know very little about animal sponsorship, and was wondering could people tell me a bit more.

Considering sponsoring a dog or cat and had a look at the DSPCA site. Not a whole lot of info on it, and I was wondering if any of the other pet rescue/homes could do with the money more than the DSPCA?

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

YES please !!!!!!

Dogs Aid animal sanctuary have a no destruction policy and we have around 25 dogs that cannot be homed due to illness - injury - temperament etc.

These dogs will live out the rest of their lives at Dogs Aid. We are Dublin based and as far as I know one of the only sanctuaries on the North side but I am open to correction.

We have just been allocated a piece of land to build upon and are really struggling financially so all offers are appreciated ;)

Please have a look at the website - we have a sponsor a dog section.

www.dogsaid.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

ooh, I like Andy, the little lurcher.. Is he whippety?
    My whippet would love a new friend but alas, at the moment, its just not a good time..

Was just looking at your forever dogs.. and I have to say, you're doing amazing work.

Really great website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

With EGAR you can pick a dog to sponsor, either an unhomeable one or one up for re-homing. You receive a sponsorship cert and regular updates on the dog. Donations can be monetary or otherwise (collar, leash, blankets, treats etc).

All money goes straight to the dogs as EGAR has no admin costs as I do everything myself.

Andy is a baby !
    He is whippety but bigger really.

Softie of the century - everyone loves him :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

And if you wish to sponsor a cat www.kittenadoption have many long term and cats who need special care.
    Claire

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Andy is a baby !
    He is whippety but bigger really.

Softie of the century - everyone loves him :p

Oh he sounds just like my little fellow:o he's not a whippet and not a grey..

Whereabouts are you based?? Wish I could take him on...

Right beside Dublin Airport - You can call any day after 12 834 7134

:p

Advertisement