Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a car key cut

Options
  • 16-08-2006 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭

Someone once told me about a shop that can cut a spare car key. I think it was around the top of William St. or Thomas St. Can't remember where now or who told me, but if anyone knows can they let me know. I know it won't have the remote fob but it's just to have a spare.

Also, does anyone know where I could get an exhaust welded? Have a small hole in it that needs patching up before I re-do my NCT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Its called ryans locksmiths on Williams st, they will cut most car keys, but drive in with the car and bring ID as they are quite strict on cutting keys/picking locks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ah that's it, thanks. I'll see if I can sneak out of work tomorrow and head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car has an immobilizer it may not be just a simple thing of going down to a locksmith to have a key cut. The new key may need need the transponder reprogramed by the main car dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Agree, I lost my car keys recently (the only set). I had to go into Lyons and bring in my vehicle registration cert with the chasis no. I got the key so i could open the car door. Then I had to get it towed to Lyons so they could programme the chip in the key. It would not start otherwise. Expensive mistake, but it would all depend on whether you have an immobilizer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

jor el wrote:
    ...Also, does anyone know where I could get an exhaust welded? Have a small hole in it that needs patching up before I re-do my NCT.

There's a guy in the yard on Mulgrave street - across from the Fire Station. Can't remember his name, but he sorted out a problem for me re NCT and emissions a few years back.

Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement