Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Ownership: Buying Out Dublin City Council

Options
  • 16-08-2006 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Sorry, I might be way off the mark here and no one may be able to help me but here goes!

I bought a two bed apartment last year under Dublin City Council's shared ownership scheme (50% mortgage, 50% rent). I have now obtained approval to buy out the 50% currently being held by Dublin City Council, thus converting my mortgage to a "100% proper mortgage", ie I would be able to sell up without DCC having any say over the property.

My mortgage broker has advised me to engage a solicitor so the latter can ask DCC for the deeds etc and organise the paying off of Dublin City Co.

Has anyone done this over the past while? I want to shop around for quotes. My broker tells me that the solicitors are pretty competitive on prices for this type of transaction and if their quote exceeds 1400 euro, I have to come back to him as he knows a solicitor who does it for around 1400 euro.

Any advice or tips on who to contact for a decent quote would be appreciated!

Thks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FlexBrowne

dublinmark wrote: »
    Sorry, I might be way off the mark here and no one may be able to help me but here goes!

I bought a two bed apartment last year under Dublin City Council's shared ownership scheme (50% mortgage, 50% rent). I have now obtained approval to buy out the 50% currently being held by Dublin City Council, thus converting my mortgage to a "100% proper mortgage", ie I would be able to sell up without DCC having any say over the property.

My mortgage broker has advised me to engage a solicitor so the latter can ask DCC for the deeds etc and organise the paying off of Dublin City Co.

Has anyone done this over the past while? I want to shop around for quotes. My broker tells me that the solicitors are pretty competitive on prices for this type of transaction and if their quote exceeds 1400 euro, I have to come back to him as he knows a solicitor who does it for around 1400 euro.

Any advice or tips on who to contact for a decent quote would be appreciated!

Thks

Mark

You can sell it now without converting to 100% ownership. Just get the 'redemption figure' from DCC.

Advertisement