Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy jewellery in Galway?

Options
  • 16-08-2006 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to where people here would go to buy jewellery, and what kind of pieces they look for, be it engagement rings, necklaces, etc.

Who'd recommend where and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got mine here :D

I'll just get my white baseball cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

If you want top quality go to Hartmanns on Williamsgate Street - and if you got money to spend. They got Rolex, Tag Heuer, Gucci, Cartier, - they're originally a watch makers so I'd buy and have bought watches in there - their Jewellery is fantastic too - lots of bling - they have some reasonably priced stuff too.

If you cant afford to splash out that much - theres Blacoes at the end of shop street - they just opened a new shop, in fact I'm not sure if its even still called Blacoes - just next door to deeleys clothes shop. As far as I know its owned by the same guy as Fallers and Claddagh jewellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Blacoes is now beside Collerans butchers, and Claddagh Jewellers (not to be confused with Claddagh Gold or Claddagh & Celtic) have moved into their spot beside Deeleys (AFAIK, Claddagh is owned by Lazlos, and used to be downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre). Fallers have Corrib Jewellers in Roches.

Why do you feel that only Hartmanns offer top quality? Have you ever tried Tempo or Cobwebs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

Fey! wrote:
    Blacoes is now beside Collerans butchers, and Claddagh Jewellers (not to be confused with Claddagh Gold or Claddagh & Celtic) have moved into their spot beside Deeleys (AFAIK, Claddagh is owned by Lazlos, and used to be downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre). Fallers have Corrib Jewellers in Roches.

Why do you feel that only Hartmanns offer top quality? Have you ever tried Tempo or Cobwebs?

Sorry - I got all mixed up with the names and who owns who! I never said Hartmanns where the only one to offer top quality, you asked for recommendations and I recommended Hartmanns because that's where I buy my watches and jewellery.
    U seem to know a lot about who owns what, and where to get stuff so why are you looking for recommendations?

Sorry ?banned?; misread your post.

It's a research thing more than anything; I work in the industry and want to see what makes people go to one jeweller over another, and what makes them recommend one over another in order to improve my own customer service. I also want to find out what type of jewellery/price range people are looking for. I should have made that clear in the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

I use Richard Quinn on domnick street hes very good a pure gentleman he offfers top quality service and goods and i like the fact that hes one of the ole stock. In saying that blacoes are very hepful and found them really good recently im on the search for jewellery for my wedding.

hope that helps!!

I think what it is, is friendly staff that wont push you will let you browse before asking for help in a polite way.

Thanks for that. That tends to be our aim; don't put the customer under pressure, and if asked for an opinion, give an honest one (none of this "does this look good on me?" - "of course it does, ma'am" when it looks sh1te).

Richard Quinn is very good, especially for the likes of difficult repairs others make out to be too difficult to be worthwhile. I don't know him myself, but my father has dealt with him and has a very good opinion of him, which is good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

we discovered that similar jewellery is almost half the cost in Italy.:(

Advertisement