Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just fried my gfx card (agp)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

7600GS, definitely -- it's performance is v. good (should beat a 6800 easily), and it should also have some overclocking room ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

That was my first choice to, the only thing that puts me off is that its ram is ddr2, is that why its cheaper than the 6800?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im sure you can get hold of a extra 40E so buy this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=317809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

7600GS isnt better then a 6800GT, 7600GT is (slightly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Sorry should of put in my first post that its a 6800LE that i fried, so would that 7600 i linked above be as good or much better than that?

edit/
    Just noticed in the details of the 7800gs it says it requires windows vista:confused:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323848&view=detailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

LOL it dosnt require VIsta, its not even out yet, and many people are using the 7800 gs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Do ATI have any good mid to high range AGP cards on the way? Their current offerings look ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Nope ATI (like NV) don't want the high end parts to go AGP for several reasons.

At best you may see an an X1650 Pro AGP part, there is a remote possibility a higher end part if a partner like Sapphire goes to the trouble of designing a board with an AGP bridge chip but so far no-one has so I'd say it's not gonna happen.

Advertisement