Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye, Cruel World...

Options
  • 16-08-2006 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Well, until this moment, I never understood how hard it was to lose something you never had.

After saving, collecting and starting what for me would have been an "Uber Mod" I'm afraid I have to let go. Current circumstances mean that I won't be able to go near this for the next year :(
    So, I'm hoping someone else with a modding "brain" may take over the mod from me... or at least most of it. Before I put all these components and gear onto www.adverts.ie I thought I'd post here to see if anyone would be interested in the entire mod.

Most of the stuff is still in original packaging, sadly :(

My plan was to create a huge watercooled gaming rig in the V2000 with separate CPU/GPU and Chipset/Hard drive loops. The size of the lower portion of the V2000 means that a Mach2 can actually be fitted in there in future if I ever wanted to go below zero degrees, hence the unlocked FX-60.

So would anyone like the below? Please don't post with "When are you splitting?", etc, etc as this is like losing a child to me. (Overly-dramatic I know ;))
    After this I will be without a PC, and I'll be staying that way (possibly a laptop - hence keeping screen, keyboard and mouse for now) for at least a year, possibly 18 months.

BTW, this is not a For Sale thread, if I don't get anyone who wants to take the whole shebang off my hands I will sort out pricing and then put the lot up on adverts.ie and/or ebay. So no bidding, please.

Full AMD Gaming System (Retail Boxes with most stuff, as usual :o)
    AMD Athlon X2 FX-60 2.6Ghz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 nForce4 Motherboard
    Sapphire ATI X1900XT 512mb
    OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB Dual Channel
    Western Digital Raptor 10,000 74GB (x2)
    NEC ND3540a 16x DVD Writer (x2)
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Gigabyte Aurora 3D

Separate Case:

Lian Li V2000 Silver (Boxed)

I had started to mod this with panel windows but I have no time to continue.

The windows that I have cut out holes for are these
    and this window kit (clear) will be provided. I havethe panels cut out, smoothed and drilled the bolt holes, all you would have to do it bolt the windows to the panel :)
    This comes with two fan/light/pump controllers (one custom modded to a Lian Li fascia)
    Also has 2 DVD hiding thingies

This is a classic modders case with plenty of potential
    Lian Li V2000

Watercooling: (all with 1/2" barbs and unused unless otherwise stated)

Maze4 Low Profile GPU (x2)
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Black Ice Extreme Radiator Chromed
    DangerDen D5 Pump (x2) (one lightly used)
    Silver Fass-O-Matic Reservoir (w/ 1/4" to 1/2" barbs)
    Titanium Aquatube Reservoir (Standard Fittings)

Other Stuff: (All unused)

Evercool 80mm Aluminium Quiet Fan (x2)
    Aluminium 120mm Quiet Fan (x2)
    More tubing, sleeving (silver/chrome), custom silver/chrome sleeved cables(long SATA, fan extension, etc), silver fan grills,
    dual rad grill, silver tubing clamps (non-screw), hex bolts, window/blowhole edging and general modding stuff than you can shake a very large stick at.
    Matrix Orbital MX421 (Perfectly matches the Lian Li) with extra temp sensors and LEDs

Possibly more stuff - I haven't checked all my storage boxes yet :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

pmed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

If you make your mind up about selling I will be interested in the wtercooling gear...but probably a better place is the Adverts section TBH.

And we all do understand your pain.
    I had to break up my mod which I'd spent god knows how many hours building...roll on the next mod I say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I could be interested in the Matrix Orbital...I'll check the specs when I'm not tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Tis a beauty alright, I can see why your sad to let her go.
    Now if only I had the money...

although I would take the RAM off your hands if ya split ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have had to do that myself before, not with a rig like that though. And it broke my heart. I still shed a tear for it every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

For those PMing about what it's worth: I've worked out that it is all worth approx €2600, but I'd be looking for €2100 for the whole lot in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I just want enought gear for a WC setup and have cash for it.

Excellent RIG and great guy to deal with!

spli....... ohh we cant say that word ..........

If no-one wants to take this fully before tomorrow morning it'll be going on Adverts.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im interested in one of the NEC drives and maybe the ram if youcancallme>al doesnt take it...

I'll be keeping a very close eye on adverts.ie of the next day or two ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'll be keeping a very close eye on adverts.ie of the next day or two ;)

Heh, you can have it :) I wouldnt spend the next 48 hours at home sitting in my underwear hitting refresh every 15 seconds just to screw you out of some ram....

Maybe for the X1900XT :p

conzymaher wrote:
    Heh, you can have it :) I wouldnt spend the next 48 hours at home sitting in my underwear hitting refresh every 15 seconds just to screw you out of some ram....

Maybe for the X1900XT :p

I'll actually be in work so I'll be getting paid to hit the refresh button :p

:rolleyes: I'll be in work from 8am ish so look for it around then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

damn it... :mad: ... and I just bought 2gigs of RAM off ebay. I've been enojoying competeing against youcancallme>al on adverts for the last week or so trying to nab RAM ;) , but I guess i'll have to bow out and leave this up to Conzy and youcancallme>al to duke it out. Word of advice WizZard, put the prices above what you'd want for them so it leaves some room for people who will only get to their computers later to bid higher amounts, maybe put your asking at the price they would sell for new :p . Its horrible when you lose out on something just because some other guy was rapid fire hitting F5 when you where making yourself a cup of tea.

I'd be interested in the 80/120mm fans, and maybe some of the other bling going. Pictures would be good just to get an idea of what it looks like.

... or you could still go for the glory and build an excellent mod? We'd undestand j00 :)

Ok, it's all for sale at decent prices here

Advertisement