Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volkswagen maintenance light

Options
  • 16-08-2006 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hi everyone. does anyone knows how to remove the maintenance out of the dash of a volkswagen?
    its a 04 polo. thank you very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Vag-Com software.. or your VW dealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

No you don't need to go to the dealer to reset it, if I'm on the same wave length?Is it the interval between services? it.It should show in your manual.Its a matter of turning of the igintion with the speedo reset button held down......I cant rem but had to do it before.Do a google search.You're bound to find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I didn't think service interval the way the OP described it..

If it's an orange or red light, you will not be able to turn it off like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

You could buy one of these I have one in the boot of my car. It doesn't even need batteries. It'll read and erase faults (providing you have fixed the problem of course)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda-OBD-2-ENGINE-SCANNER-CODE-READER-II_W0QQitemZ320017382193QQihZ011QQcategoryZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

endplate wrote:
    You could buy one of these I have one in the boot of my car. It doesn't even need batteries. It'll read and erase faults (providing you have fixed the problem of course)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda-OBD-2-ENGINE-SCANNER-CODE-READER-II_W0QQitemZ320017382193QQihZ011QQcategoryZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IIRC, the car has to be OBD2 compliant for this (Rather handy) piece of kit. Some older cars aren't, just an FYI for those with older VAGs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

IIRC, the car has to be OBD2 compliant for this (Rather handy) piece of kit. Some older cars aren't, just an FYI for those with older VAGs.

Done my research and this device worked on an older version ('02) of the polo and OBD II is the latest version AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

Moanin wrote:
    No you don't need to go to the dealer to reset it, if I'm on the same wave length?Is it the interval between services? it.It should show in your manual.Its a matter of turning of the igintion with the speedo reset button held down......I cant rem but had to do it before.Do a google search.You're bound to find it

I got my car serviced in a main dealer and they never reset the light. I went back and the service man did somthing like this for a second and it was gone. I was expecting him to plug it in all right but there was no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES

the light is the between services. this guimiks is same rip off this is only to make you go to the dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Volkswagen (with digital Odomoter)

The code on the mileage display when you start the car will read "IN01", "IN02" or similar. To remove this, use the following procedure (this should work on any VW with a digital odometer):
    With the key out of the ignition find and press the odometer reset button (hold down)
    Turn the ignition on (warning lights come on) wait 10-15 sec until most or the lights are off (still pressing odometer reset button)Turn ignition off (button still pressed) and remove the key
    Release reset button
    Interval should now be reset. If this is not the case, repeat the above procedure

OR

Advertisement