Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb vs Ntl

• 16-08-2006 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

I just got my pc so im wondering who to get with broadband, NTL and Digiweb seem to be doing the best package, I dont really have a clue so was just wondering if anyone could please advise which one is better.

I have heard a lot of people saying wirelsss is better, but is cable better.

I dont really follow what contention means either digiweb says 40 ntl 17?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Typically wireless is not better, wired broadband is almost always better as it tends to be more consistent and stable with less downtime, closer to maximum speeds etc. and it isn't effected by the weather or leaves on the trees :eek:

However in fairness Digiweb are typically the best wireless BB provider. FYI in order to get Digiweb Metro you need to put up an aerial on the house.

IMO I think NTL would be better, however they may not be available in your area and FYI, you most also take their basic TV service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

Hi

I just got my pc so im wondering who to get with broadband, NTL and Digiweb seem to be doing the best package, I dont really have a clue so was just wondering if anyone could please advise which one is better.

I have heard a lot of people saying wirelsss is better, but is cable better.

I dont really follow what contention means either digiweb says 40 ntl 17?

who ever told you wireless was better were either taking the piss or they dont know what there talking about. Wired broadband is better, more consistant, less prone to interferance, better speeds go with ntl if you can get them. avoid digiweb if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 9 broadbanddub

Ok cool, yeah Ill go for NTL, i have to get a TV supplier anyway so i suppose ill go with NTL, i think NTL do broadband in Shankill, thanks for info

Advertisement