Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia problem - seen before?

• 16-08-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I recently got a new Nokia handset.

When I receive sms's the From field is not mapping to the name in my Contacts.

So instead of getting an SMS from Joe Bloggs, I get one from +353871334221 for example

The names are definitely in the contacts, for example if I try and ring 0871334221 it maps ok to Joe Bloggs, but not in the inbox for some reason.

Any ideas?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Not sure on this. Try editing the contact to include +353 or to copy from sim to phone.

Then get someone to send you a fresh sms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Make sure you don't have two names assigned to one number or v/v and that you stored each number on either sim or phone - ie not both

where there is a unique record, the name should show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Simple really. You have two names both using the same telephone number. Delete the one you're aware of, get the user to send you another text, and the wrong name will resolve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

your phone Needs a software upgrade (firmware)... send er away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the same problem with my 9300 - messages always come up as the number, even though I've only one copy stored...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I recently got a new Nokia handset.

When I receive sms's the From field is not mapping to the name in my Contacts.

So instead of getting an SMS from Joe Bloggs, I get one from +353871334221 for example

The names are definitely in the contacts, for example if I try and ring 0871334221 it maps ok to Joe Bloggs, but not in the inbox for some reason.

Any ideas?
    TIA

What is the model and firmware version (enter *#0000#) of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭BennytheBall

thanks, yes the same number was on the sim and phone contacts, so it couldnt handle that...d'uh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thanks, yes the same number was on the sim and phone contacts, so it couldnt handle that...d'uh.

Thats not the case with my 9300 though, anyone shed any light?

Advertisement