Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VF Free Calls and Texts rip off????

• 16-08-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Ok guys am I the only one that thinks this is not as great a deal as VF make out???

I called VF to ask if it was correct that my free credit was only valid for one month as i thought it was a bit harsh. Indeed the girl on the phone said if I top up by 20 Euro I get 20 Euro but it expires after one month. I asked her if I top up by another 20 Euro would I get another 20 and would the credit from the previous month roll over but she said no.

I dont think this free calls and texts is that great to be honest if you are a mid to low user. You can only use it to other VF customers and who knows whos with who now you can port your numbers. It would have been better to be able to use them to any mobile network and have an expiry of 2 months.

I think 3's 5c SMS/MMS/VMS offer is much better than this one!!!!

My mate was also told that his credit would not roll over but when he went to check his balance online it showed Euro 77 free calls and texts!!!

Im confused what is the real deal on this ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

You know that if your ring an 087 and hear a beep that they ain't VF and if you ring 086 or 085 that they ain't on O2 or Meteor so you ask yer friend where there at. Blame the regulator for letting people keep their numbers. The insensitive scum!!!

Of course VF can't give you free calls and texts to other networks, they have to pay those networks. They can manage to give you FREE calls and texts because it's their network.

Did you get Stop the Clock. Was that b****x too?

They can't keep everyone happy. It's better than topping up by 20 and getting f**k all.

I don't know much about 3's offer but I assume it's internal to other 3 customers. Good luck there buddy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

buddy wrote:
    I don't know much about 3's offer but I assume it's internal to other 3 customers. Good luck there buddy!!!
    nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

VF stop the clock didnt really help me as I send 90% texts !!!!

3 is to ALL networks not just their own!!!!

I think everyone knows that you hear a bleep to know they have changed network but you dont know which one and also you dont know when you are sending a text too. So if you send to a 087 number and they have switched to 3 or O2 its not FREE is it!!!

I think you missed the point mate .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

How is it a rip off? You're getting 20euro credit for Vodafone calls for free. It might be a restrictive offer. It might not suit you, but in no way, is it a rip off.

Their call charges on the other hand......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

chrislad wrote:
    How is it a rip off? You're getting 20euro credit for Vodafone calls for free. It might be a restrictive offer. It might not suit you, but in no way, is it a rip off.

Their call charges on the other hand......

Maybe rip off was too harsh but it certainly catches the eye more than '' Do you think VF could be a bit more flexible on free calls and texts'' :):)

I think 3's new 5 cent SMS/MMS/VMS offer and 18c a minute calls are a far better deal than the current VF one.

If like me my mates are with O2/VF/3/Meteor and I mostly text than its not that great and having only 1 month to use the free credit makes it even worse. I preffered the €5 extra to do what I wanted with it.

Im not biased towards any company in fact most of my posts about VF are very positive but this one just could have been a better offer for all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement