Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many more years

Options
  • 16-08-2006 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

...do you predict Big Brother UK will last before it gets canceled?

How many more years for BB UK? 42 votes

0% 0 votes
    26% 11 votes
    19% 8 votes
    11% 5 votes
    11% 5 votes
    11% 5 votes
    6-10
    9% 4 votes
    11-15
    7% 3 votes
    16-20
    0% 0 votes
    21+
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i went for 5 years,god knows why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll continue until either the public get bored or someone murders/rapes someone else, so I hesitate to give an answer!

Mike.

0, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Myth wrote:
    0, hopefully.

my vote too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What an odd thread. Are you looking for new ways to pick your Lotto numbers Pigman?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

latest contract goes to 2010 so 4 years for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Cremo wrote:
    my vote too

what the flip are you doing on the big brother forum if you hate it so much! why i oughta stab you in the heart with a blunt instrument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I voted 0 too.

I'd love to see a return to the way it was in the beginning. Normal people instead of "ooooh look at me i'm so kerazeee, now give me money and i'll get my tits out".

People just see bb as a fast track to becoming famous. It's getting very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

hopefully someone will die in the house - this would be good television - if we're lucky it might be a suicide bomber taking out the whole house, the crowd and davina on eviction night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Big Brother is always watching you. Forever.
    or at least 21+ years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Eventually something bigger and better will come along and wipe the floor with BB. ITV just has to pull its head out of its arse really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Until it stops making them money. It's up in the air as to how long that will take but I can't see it going much longer than another three years. But then again, it's entireyl possible that it could run on its brand name for much longer that that.

Provided that someone, as Umaro suggested, doesn't think up something grander and of more interest to the viewing public of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I like to think that they might do 9 years and the 10th might be the battle of the winners. Surely to god they'll be mad desperate for a bit of fame by then.

End it by putting all of the housemates onto a plane and dumping it onto an island somewhere run by a collective named after an Indian God.

then we get another few years out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

About 20 minutes if ITV get their hands on it...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

It will continue unil the ratings wane.
    I suspect if Davina McCall were to walk it might be hard to replace her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

2 years to go and it will end with a suicide .... thats a prediction from a Paranormal Forum regular, so you can take that to the bank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

End it by putting all of the housemates onto a plane ....

with snakes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Mossy Monk wrote:
    latest contract goes to 2010 so 4 years for me

Is that with Channel 4? Their contract with Endemol runs out after next year. So BB8 is the last year.

ITV are trying to get the contract from Endemol for BB9 and so on.

I voted 21+ years... hehe.. couldnt really guess or care how long the show goes on for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I went 2, dont know why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I don't know, I can see it until the year 2009/10, but I can see it being very old by then, entering a new decade and everythin.

So, 4 years for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well this year it seemed to be a hell of a lot easier to avoid it than normally. And to me that's a sign that people are getting fed up with it.

I couldn't tell you the name of anyone on it, or give you a description of them.

Except for Spiral, who doesn't live all that far from me and they're selling his CD in the local record store.

Advertisement