Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling clothing for commuting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Summer: t-shirt and shorts, or mountaineering trousers if it's cold. A windsurfing keg occasionally if it's looking wet
    Winter: Mountaineering trousers or water-resistant track-suit bottoms depending on the weather. T-shirt and flourescent vest if it's not too cold, otherwise t-shirt and fleece-jacket-thing.

I've never seen the need for pro-cycling gear, I don't really have the budget, nor do I particularly want to arrive to work in skin tight clothing, even if I am going to change!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have a light rain jacket and pants which I bring with me most days depending on the weather, I bring a bag anyway with a change of t-shirt so its not much hassel.

Hardly ever need the full raingear though...normally just the jacket during the winter months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

For a jersey I wear a snug sports top (Nike Pro top or similar).
    Over winter I wore a bright yellow Altura Stream Windproof jacket over my sports top. The back is neoprene to let heat out. The windproof panels are water resistant.
    For gloves I have nice yellow Altura windproof gloves.
    Padded shorts for much of the year, with ultra sexy (not!) running tights over them during winter.

For autumn/spring I am thinking about a windproof gilet, on special at the moment.

I shower when I get to the office and carry a complete change of clothes (though I leave a pair of shoes in the office).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

daymobrew wrote:
    For a jersey I wear a snug sports top (Nike Pro top or similar).
    Over winter I wore a bright yellow Altura Stream Windproof jacket over my sports top. The back is neoprene to let heat out. The windproof panels are water resistant.
    For gloves I have nice yellow Altura windproof gloves.
    Padded shorts for much of the year, with ultra sexy (not!) running tights over them during winter.

For autumn/spring I am thinking about a windproof gilet, on special at the moment.

I shower when I get to the office and carry a complete change of clothes (though I leave a pair of shoes in the office).

Altura best gear mid range! :-)

bought one of these 2 weeks ago, a bit early, I look like a canary, but I am very vissible !! http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=6811

Advertisement