Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork city - should we leave Eircom?

• 16-08-2006 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Housemates and I looking for some advice regarding broadband.

Three computers in the house and currently we are using Eircom wireless. Package costs €40 a month, speed = 2MB and download limit of 20GB/month.

The local friendly Chorus rep has offered us unlimited downloads at the same speed for just €25 a month plus three months free. We'd have to buy our own wireless router though.

So anybody in Cork city have experience with Chorus broadband? Is it as fast as advertised and reliable? Is it the best value for a medium usage house?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you may need a TV apckage too but its a good BB package.

there is a CAP, he lied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yup there's a cap and it's not great. TV package not required from them to get broadband. Unlike NTL.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No TV service is not required.

There is a cap but they don't seem to enforce it like NTL.

My friend has it in Cork and he likes it a lot, he moved from DSL also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Check out Nova Networks.

Their speeds are awesome and they are very liberal about the cap, I have a 3up-3down line with them for 59 a month and I cannot complain.

Customer service is excellent too, and you dont have to get all that tv phone crap.

Its wireless btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bjd

greetings

just moved to new gaff in carrigaline. Have tried to research getting broadband there and getting it at reasonable cost seems tough.

The wireless like amocom and nova seem to be charging stiff connection fees on top of what i would consider high monthly fees for what i would use it for.

I dont have a line in and theres no way I will pay eircom line rental given i will never use the landline for other than the net. Spoke to Digiweb last month and they told me 6 months before they get to carrigaline.

any guidance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i though you were planning some mass revolt, where the whole of cork city leaves eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

bounty wrote:
    i though you were planning some mass revolt, where the whole of cork city leaves eircom

Nah thats next week!

Advertisement