Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crap cars top 10;

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

netwhizkid wrote:
    My top ten of terrible transports.

6) Toyota Yaris, How many grannies are seen in these like?

Could you please explain this? You're putting a car into your top ten worst list because you see alot of older people driving them yeah? What's actually wrong with the car? I've just started driving and I'm driving a Yaris and I think it's a great car. In fairness I haven't experienced many other cars but I've done a fair bit of reading up - which is why I'm reading this thread, only to find it full of idiots - and I haven't seen many bad words said about the Yaris. In fact, when people express their dislike for the Yaris it's always becase, "so many old women drive them"! Who gives a f*ck?

Nobody has ever given me a valid reason for not liking the car except, "too bubbly" or "aul' wans drive it". I'm not a big car buff but was it not the best "small car/super mini" or whatever of the year there a few years ago, and is it not now considered a very safe care? Or am I talking to someone who doesn't care about safety? Just looks and speed and powah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Could you please explain this? You're putting a car into your top ten worst list because you see alot of older people driving them yeah? What's actually wrong with the car? I've just started driving and I'm driving a Yaris and I think it's a great car. In fairness I haven't experienced many other cars but I've done a fair bit of reading up - which is why I'm reading this thread, only to find it full of idiots - and I haven't seen many bad words said about the Yaris. In fact, when people express their dislike for the Yaris it's always becase, "so many old women drive them"! Who gives a f*ck?

Nobody has ever given me a valid reason for not liking the car except, "too bubbly" or "aul' wans drive it". I'm not a big car buff but was it not the best "small car/super mini" or whatever of the year there a few years ago, and is it not now considered a very safe care? Or am I talking to someone who doesn't care about safety? Just looks and speed and powah!

I just simply don't like them and think they are quite *Geeky* Looks and safety being the top considerations in my list of things to look for in a car and a Toyota Yaris is well down my list of potential transports.

Small cars suck anyway and I believe they are the cause of much of our bad driving in this country considering most people start off driving in one and and pick up small car bad habits and will find it very difficult to progress to a more family oriented bigger car etc. Don't even get me started about car crashes, a beer can would fold easier than some of these and a fender bender in a bigger stronger car is quite often a fatal accident in one of these Jalopy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

netwhizkid wrote:
    I just simply don't like them and think they are quite *Geeky* Looks and safety being the top considerations in my list of things to look for in a car and a Toyota Yaris is well down my list of potential transports.

Small cars suck anyway and I believe they are the cause of much of our bad driving in this country considering most people start off driving in one and and pick up small car bad habits and will find it very difficult to progress to a more family oriented bigger car etc. Don't even get me started about car crashes, a beer can would fold easier than some of these and a fender bender in a bigger stronger car is quite often a fatal accident in one of these Jalopy's.

Grrr wrong wrong all wrong.

(as regards safety it is amazing how amazingly well engineered new cars are. An 06 Yaris is probably a much safer place to sit than a 96 BMW 3 series. more airbags, better crumple zones, 10 years more research...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

netwhizkid wrote:

I can't take any of that "rant" seriously. Its a flawed tired old argument thats been posted to death, and has pulled apart so often I can't be bothered doing it again here. It ends up with people claiming 10+ yr old 4-6 liter old luxury barges are cheaper to run than a bicycle, and safer than a 10 star brand new car. :rolleyes:

While I don't like the look of the old Yaris at all, (new ones a bit better), and it will never be a poster car, or a drivers car. But technically its meant to be a decent car.

Advertisement