Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strongest wrestler ever

• 16-08-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

I guess this question is asked a lot. sorry.

Who is the strongest wrestler ever to step in a ring? I guess Goldberg would be one of the strongest anyway, if not the strongest ever. I heard konan the barbarian while military pressing people could remove one hand and keep people over his head for a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mark Henry tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Big Poppa Pump
    Goldberg
    Big show
    Lesner

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

i'd go with mark henry.
    big show would be close too..
    not too sure on khali yet. just looks big but could be a pussycat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If we're going with strongest from a weight lifting perspective then it's Mark Henry, although I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Cena.

He is really into his weight lifting and can lift some impressive weights.

I know he used to compete as a bodybuilder, but he's a lot bigger now than he used to be, isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Ceno is defo up there, well impressed with that FU on Mabel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I completely forgot about Mark Henry. My question should have been: who is the second strongest wrestler ever?

Goldberg in his match with Steiner at fall brawl displayed some raw power. in particular when he military-pressed Steiner and later on in the match caught Steiner in mid-air as he jumped off the top turnbuckle.

I must look for cena's fu on mable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

mark henry is number one and cena is number two
    that all cena can do, just lift heavy things. i still cant believe the wwe are still trying to push cena down on the fans. like him, like him, like him. he is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

triple h wrote:
    mark henry is number one and cena is number two
    that all cena can do, just lift heavy things. i still cant believe the wwe are still trying to push cena down on the fans. like him, like him, like him. he is crap.

He's crap in his current state but when he was heel I really liked Cena's work. People give out about his five moves but sit back and look at the situation. McMahon has a ridiculously popular wrestler on the books who earns money through merchandise, music and soon to be movies. It's in his best interest to use Cena as much as possible at houseshows to publicise him but you cant injure him at these shows as you need him for the bigger events.

Thats why his moveset is so limited and he relies on tests of strength to get pops. He's a protected investment. He's capable of a lot more believe me.

I'm kinda suprised no one threw Batista's name out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

I saw Cena's FU on the love machine Mabel. Class.

Mark Henry is marketed as the worlds strongest man. Though I would say Magnus Ver Magnusson would kick his ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Brow wrote:
    I'm kinda suprised no one threw Batista's name out there.

Not really as we have never really seen him show us a true test of strength. True he was a bodybuilder but still, that could be mostly for show. He could really be no stronger than lashey.

Mark Henry would be first for me too. Then either Cena or Lesnar.

Does anyone know how much cena can benchpress?
    there was a guy in wcw briefly who could benchpress 600 pounds!

I doubt Cena, Lesnar or Goldberg could benchpress that much

about Batista: until he does a big power move on big show i'm not going to be impressed by him.

Goldberg in his match with Steiner at fall brawl displayed some raw power. in particular when he military-pressed Steiner and later on in the match caught Steiner in mid-air as he jumped off the top turnbuckle

Did you see how high the ref was launched in the air after the powerslam?! They must've had very bouncy mats in WCW, it was at least 2 feet he flew up!

Does anyone know how much cena can benchpress?
    there was a guy in wcw briefly who could benchpress 600 pounds!

That would've been Tank Abbott, right?

Tazz used to be able to bench press 450lbs. Crazy for a guy his size! Nikolai Volkoff and Tony Atlas could both bench press 600lbs. Plenty of other guys should be mentioned in that sort of league, Sammartino, Billy Graham, British Bulldog, Ken Patera and Jimmy Snuka

Apparently Lesnar can bench 475lbs. Some thread on Sherdog claiming he can do 900 though! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

about Batista: until he does a big power move on big show i'm not going to be impressed by him.

Batista had not been in WWE long when Heyman introduced the next big thing Lesnar. Every week Lesnar had some show of pure strength in his matches.

Batista meanwhile, on a match on Velocity I think, picked Mark Henry on to his shoulders and then did a front flip (standing senton I suppose you'd call it).

I reckon he is one of the stronger guys in WWE. After all his recent injuries though, I doubt we'll see him do thngs like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

if this was a hard bastard thread, i would wonder who would be the toughest SOB in an ACTUAL fight.. tbh i wouldnt be even able to start. ken shamrock (for his UFC skills?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Tank Abbot TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

iremex wrote:
    if this was a hard bastard thread, i would wonder who would be the toughest SOB in an ACTUAL fight.. tbh i wouldnt be even able to start. ken shamrock (for his UFC skills?)

ahem

Vader
    Harvey Race
    Haku
    Barbarian
    Undertaker
    Al Snow
    Steve Blackman
    Shamrock

there are several more whom I would include

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jayhaitch

Ph3n0m wrote:
    ahem

Vader
    Harvey Race
    Haku
    Barbarian
    Undertaker
    Al Snow
    Steve Blackman
    Shamrock

there are several more whom I would include

Not doubting you. I've heard all the others guys reputations....but Al Snow? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Jayhaitch wrote:
    Not doubting you. I've heard all the others guys reputations....but Al Snow? Really?

Yup Al Snow :)

"Al Snow is well trained in martial arts, mat grappling, free style, hardcore, and shoot-fight wrestling.."

taken from http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/a/al-snow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Snow is qualified in loads of different branches of martial arts. Although he may not demonstrate or integrate into his matches I wouldnt be quick to pick a fight knowing that.

^^^ Got there before me!

• Advertisement

I remember in an interview Undertaker was asked who was the toughest opponent he ever faced in the ring. He said it was Haku.

A few others wrestlers have said Haku was the opponent they least liked working with in the ring for this reason.

Fozzy wrote:
    Did you see how high the ref was launched in the air after the powerslam?! They must've had very bouncy mats in WCW, it was at least 2 feet he flew up!

That would've been Tank Abbott, right?

Tazz used to be able to bench press 450lbs. Crazy for a guy his size! Nikolai Volkoff and Tony Atlas could both bench press 600lbs. Plenty of other guys should be mentioned in that sort of league, Sammartino, Billy Graham, British Bulldog, Ken Patera and Jimmy Snuka

Apparently Lesnar can bench 475lbs. Some thread on Sherdog claiming he can do 900 though! Haha

yeah Tank Abbott. He had a match with Goldberg whereby he had to job to Goldberg. pity.

Snuka could benchpress over 600 pounds!??!
    I had no idea he was this strong.
    I thought only a select few wrestlers would be able to lift this weight.

I wonder how much the undertaker can benchpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

lex luger... he did bodyslam yokozuna after all :)

Snuka could benchpress over 600 pounds!??!
    I had no idea he was this strong.
    I thought only a select few wrestlers would be able to lift this weight.

Well, I think it was closer to 525lbs, but that's still very impressive, especially for a guy who's not huge. He was a bodybuilder before he wrestled though. Just readin around there, Hercules Hernandez set a state record bench press of 485lbs. And how can we not mention Dino Bravo here! He set the world record bench press live on ppv!

There was a thread about the toughest wrestler a few months ago here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Skud wrote:
    lex luger... he did bodyslam yokozuna after all :)
    he also kicked the crap out of *********
    i better not continue that. :)

Fozzy wrote:
    Well, I think it was closer to 525lbs, but that's still very impressive, especially for a guy who's not huge. He was a bodybuilder before he wrestled though. Just readin around there, Hercules Hernandez set a state record bench press of 485lbs. And how can we not mention Dino Bravo here! He set the world record bench press live on ppv!

There was a thread about the toughest wrestler a few months ago here

hell yeah for a guy of his size it's some feat. thanks for the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There was a guy called Ahmed Johnson did a short stint a fair few years ago, he seemed like a pretty strong dude, was a big fooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭crazy monkey

HHH has gottena bit rotund lately, the reason being he no longer wants to be a bodybuilder, for which in reality the young paul levesque was [a teenage champion through to his twenties], he is now concentrating on power lifting.

As in world strongest man competitions.

He was always poerful but never played up to it.
    Think back to his return after that knee injury he was gigantic and super powerful then....don't be surprised if he benches mark henry ;)

later

:cool:

HHH has gottena bit rotund lately, the reason being he no longer wants to be a bodybuilder, for which in reality the young paul levesque was [a teenage champion through to his twenties], he is now concentrating on power lifting.

As in world strongest man competitions.

He was always poerful but never played up to it.
    Think back to his return after that knee injury he was gigantic and super powerful then....don't be surprised if he benches mark henry ;)

later

:cool:

I will be surprised;)

• Advertisement

julep wrote:
    he also kicked the crap out of *********
    i better not continue that. :)

Do you mean in a real fight?

Who did he kick the crap out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Do you mean in a real fight?

Who did he kick the crap out?
    he could mean anyone like a friend or a lover, or even some lady valet that had the same first name as the queen.

ah yes his girlfriend who died. sorry.

Advertisement