Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many names do you have on yer mobile?

• 17-08-2006 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I've jammed me moby up with a load of pers/business names, many of which I can't remember why I put em on there.

How many names have you got on yer phone, and how many are listed that you wonder what they are doing on there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Panasonic, that's all:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can't be arsed to check tbh
    A lot I assume, had to erase some a while back. Only using the card, mind, in case phone gets lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hey biko if your phone has bluetooth i could drop you over a dongle tomorrow morning back up all your numbers incase you lose boith so they are all saved on your pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

Whats a dongle and how can ye get em off, and if you sell/give away yer moby how do you know if they are on yer simm or on moby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

em... 175 names, multiple numbers for some of those names. I'm a bit too organised i think, all my contacts on my mobile are synced with Outlook in case I lose my phone.

• Advertisement

Whats a dongle and how can ye get em off, and if you sell/give away yer moby how do you know if they are on yer simm or on moby?

bluetooth dongle, attach it to your pc and if your phone also has bluetooth you can connect them together and transfer whatever you need.

as to the sellin of your phone check the phonebook options and then memory (along them lines anyway) it says how many are on phone and how many are on the sim. there is usually an option to transfer sim to phone or phone to sim although the sim can only hold 200 numbers iirc

Does it spill over after 200, without ye knowing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

mine sez 93. thats since june. rest of the numbers got lost in the incident involving a fountain and a helluva lotta beverages! ****in students, wha?

Does it spill over after 200, without ye knowing?

if your savin on sim once it hits 200 it usually just goes onto the phone if you are copyin it stops and says its full

OT i have 140 on sim and 205 on phone

but some are duplicates with sim etc so i'd say about 260 in total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

40 numbers since March. I hate having numbers I never use in my phone, and even at only 40 there's still a lot of crap there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think I have around 20 in there (2 or 3 of them take aways). :)

Is the phone market over here, a year or two behind the rest of europe, there doesn't seem to be any decent phones to buy and the service in the moby shops is diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've 130 numbers on my SIM, none on the phone. Of all those, I'd say I only use 20 or so regularly! The rest are seldom used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

367 all on phone memory, sync ing with Outlook lookiing at buying E61 nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

that adds up to erm....9, no.......ten.

twelve if ya count * and #.

but you dont obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Approx 400+, most with multiple numbers, change phones often so always have them synced to Outlook :-)

Advertisement