Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally plucked up the courage....now what (prince albert Q)

• 17-08-2006 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Finally got a bar put in last week in Ibiza Town while on holiday...guy told me that the bar in it is 1.6mm in thickness & 18mm in length

Now he also told me that after a few weeks healing i should look at getting maybe a 2mm or 2.4mm thickness put in as he said the hole he made was 2.4, he just didnt have any bars of that thickness at the time
    Also that if the top ball disappears down into my japs eye when erect (which it just about does) I should look at maybe goin to about 22 or 24 in length

Now, my question is.....if I go to any piercing place in Dublin or whatever & tell them I want the bar changed, would they actually do it for me if I was buying the new piece from them?

As I had a similar experience with a shop last year when needing a new lip ring put in & they told me they wouldnt touch it unless they'd pierced it themselves?????????

Also whats the general wait time before having sex with it in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Sounds like the guy who done it was a sham artist, 1.6mm is far too thin to put in a pa. Best bet is get to piercers asap and get them to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Riceomatic

hmmm....i dunno, had asked around & the place is one of the best respected places on the island...very professional & ultra clean compared to many of the other places I saw too...even got my lip done there last year & had no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You are dealing with your manhood!! You shoulda waited and got the proper thickness, in fact the piercer shouldnt have done it until he had the correct size

Wilburt wrote:
    You are dealing with your manhood!! You shoulda waited and got the proper thickness, in fact the piercer shouldnt have done it until he had the correct size

100% agree, and also wtf? Piercing at 2.4mm then using 1.6jewelery in it:eek: stinks of someone who ahsn't got a clue and just learnt from a video or something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

If a piercer doesnt have the right jewellery he shouldnt have done it in the first place, especially with a PA. Head into snakebite or celestial ring and get the lads to change the jewellery, all you have to pay for is the jewellery.

• Advertisement

Yeah will do...thats basically what I was asking, that if Im buying the new bar off them will they change it for me....just thought some places might be a bit funny about that

Gonna be in dublin a week of saturday, would it be ok to wait till then to get it done d'yis think?

well i presume the hole will have closed up substantially by then. The sooner the better really man to be honest. you will just aggrivate the piercing more the longer you wait

Just spoke to a couple of lads in a local piercing shop & they said I'd be best off letting it heal a bit more & then trying to put the thicker bar in - as changing the jewellery at this early stage could cause major problems....recommended sea salt + warm water to help it heal (which the original piercer guy also recommended)

Will drop into a few places when in Dublin next week & see what they think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CravenA

CR will insert jewellery free if you buy it there - think snakebite do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Riceomatic wrote:
    hmmm....i dunno, had asked around & the place is one of the best respected places on the island...very professional & ultra clean compared to many of the other places I saw too...even got my lip done there last year & had no problems

Sorry mate but you got ****ed over there. I've been piercing for the last 5 years and can tell you for a fact, no self respecting piercer would cut a 2.4 hole (which is standard size for a PA - anything thinner and the risk of tearing your urethra during sex is too high, imagine a block of cheese and some cheese wire ... :eek: ) and install 1.6mm jewellery. The bleeding for one thing would be way more than normal as the jewellery wouldnt be thinck enough to "plug" the hole and the fact that he just stuck it in cause he didnt have the correst jewellary ways against him also. Along with the fact a barbell was used, more commenly its a BCR but that wouldnt be as major a point.

You really should call into a reputable piercer asap and see what they recommend. My guess is they'll either recommend you take it out, leave it heal and get it repierced properly or they might suggest leaving it heal and streching it up to the correct size in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks for the reply mate

So if I was to leave it in & get it stretched up (sounds fu*king sore!), how long would it usually take before I can do that?

Didnt bleed all that much, just a few spots durng the first day or 2, nothing since.
    Also whats a BCR? All I know is I wanted some form of bar in it rather than a ring

bcr is a ball closure ring, basically a ring with a ball.
    As far as i know you could get a curved barbell, that would fit in nicely.
    He did make a curve didnt he? :confused: and not just pierce diagonally

BCR= ball closure ring.

PA are relatively easy to heal and you should be able to stretch it after the first month, I recommend working it up gradually to a 4 or a 5mm

It has to be a curved bar in a PA other wise extreme discomfort and rejection will happen. Also from a stimulation point a ring will be better for both partners

There were a couple of reasons I wanted a bar rather than a ring.
    First is that Im uncircumsised so though a bar would be easier to manage in terms of pulling the foreskin back over my bell end.
    Secondly Im currently single at the mo & thought there'd be less chances of ripping condoms etc with a bar

Sounds like Im fu*ked from all angles, cos the bar thats in it is a straight one
    When I was gettin it done I said it to yer man & all, that should it not be a curved bar & he told me that he tended to use a straight bar for that kinda job - no idea why

Kinda not sure what to do now, whether to take it out, let it heal & then re-pierce....or to leave it in & hope something can be done with it

One thing remove the pics as they're banned

Tbh the guy who done it was a ****en sham artist and shouldn't be allowed pierce.

You got two options here

1: you can change the jewelery to the right one and try heal it from there then stretch it up before you have sex with it.

or

2: You can take it out let it heal and get it repierced.

Personally i'd take it out and get an appadrayva done instead, but its your call

Personally i'd take it out and get an appadrayva done instead, but its your call

Whats that mate?

Also if i were to take it out, how long would the average healing time be before a re-piercing could be done?

Man you got screwed by whoever pierced you :(:(:(
    Yeah take emmets advice, either one.
    Appradravya aka happydravya! its from the bottom of the head to the top.
    If you take it out wait until its healed completely then repierce

just googled some pics of the Apadravya, have seen it before of course but just didnt know the name...thought it looked cool but i think it'd be waaayyyyyy too painful for me. Whereas a PA only passes through one little sheath of skin, thats like going through my whole knob lol

Strongly thinking of removing it & repiercing once healed....as asked before & I know everyone is different but how long would the average healing time be before a re-piercing could be done?

1 - 2 months i would say, upper end of one month at least. and treat it as if you just got it pierced i.e salt soaks etc
    get your local piercer to take a look, i wouldnt waste anytime at all. if it were me id go in tomorrow to a reputable place.
    The main concern of mine is if he pierced it and put in a straight barbell, which he did. Is the piercing most likely done wrong/poorly? from the sounds of it unfortunately i would say so cos if done properly a staight barbell would cause severe discomfort. :(:(:(:(
    anyone else got opinions? emmet? !_brian_!? anyone

• Advertisement

Really appreciate the advice lads

No problem at all, hope you get it sorted :)

See the straight bar is the wrong shape for the urethrea so when you go hard its gonna be putting pressure on the piercing this is one thing you need to avoid generally in a piercing but really need to in a fresh one. You can take it out now and get it re-pierced tomorrow :O yes tomorrow, as is you see the placement of the piercing it should place off centre to one side of the frenum aka the banjo string so you can take that one out and get it redone on the oppostie placement. Not strongly advised but it is a viable option.

As for the appa its not that sore and it bleeds a bit but so much better for both partners then a PA hth

yeah mine is placed to one side, so that seems to be the only correct thing about it lol

Would it not be possible for me to say go to one of the piercing places in Dublin next weekend & basically ask them to try get a curved 2.4 bar in?
    Or will they not touch it seen as itll only have been done about 2 weeks at that stage.

My sensible side says to take it out, but the stubborn bast*rd in me says try get something sorted rather than having to take it out, wait a month & then do it again + let it heal.....was hard enough psyching myself upto do it first time round lol

TO be honest without inspecting it i dont think anyone here would be able to give you any decent or correct info. just go to a piercer as soon as possible and whip it out for em...see what they say and take it from there :)

lol will do.....any ideas where in dublin would be most sympathetic....dont wanna show up somewhere & be laughed out the door!

Any male piercer would do i reckon

Just an update, dropped into Bodyshock on my way through Temple Bar yesterday.
    One of the lads was really helpful & I ended up having it stretched slightly (sore for a few secs but so worth it) & a 2.4mm BCR put in - all sorted!

Just wanted a to say a big thanks to you all for the advice, coulda ended up with a serious "cheese wire" situation had I not got it sorted lol

Advertisement