Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Logo, is it ok?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

CuLT wrote:
    I admire your resolve and resilience nevf. Keep at it, you'll always have people happy to help you out here.

Also, the Digital Art / Design forum ;)

pretty shítty thing to say to a kid aidan. Everybody was making site with black backgrounds and comic sans when starting off in the late ninties, it's incredibly hypocritical of you to be slating someone.

Here, here. How about some encouragement and help Aidan?

Nev, you're young and so have plenty of time to develop skills and artistic ability. This is one of your first attempts, of course there's plenty of scope for improvement. Stick with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So I missed where he said he was 14. Sue me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Frankly, it doesn't matter. IMO you seem to lack a sense of design, and artistic ability. He could well have used a crayon and gotten the same results. You, however, are highly unlikely to no matter what you use.

I totally agree...I'm not artistic...
    Nev, you're young and so have plenty of time to develop skills and artistic ability. This is one of your first attempts, of course there's plenty of scope for improvement. Stick with it!

I'll try!
    I admire your resolve and resilience nevf. Keep at it, you'll always have people happy to help you out here.

Also, the Digital Art / Design forum
    Thanks for that!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

So I missed where he said he was 14. Sue me.
    2wtdmaXbm5g7puG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Startling likeness.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

So it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

The fact that he is 14 doesn't take anything away from the arrogance of your post Aidan. Keep up the good work Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I think that's enough flaming,eh?

Nevf: (I didn't see this answered)
    You're better off using a vector format than bitmap as it resizes considerably better. What you make is pretty much what you get a very small size and a very large size.
    Read: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/bitmapvector.htm & google.

Make a copy of your works so far (Bitmaps) and manipulate them in photoshop - change size, change to black and white, etc. See how they fare? The logo should be usable and consistent across more than one medium. You can of course use a bitmap-based image, it's just that vector scales so much better. Colour can be an issue across both formats: this is just something you'll have to learn from practice and experimentation (Again, keep in mind that the logo may often be printed in black and white/greyscale and that many people are colour-blind , so dependancy on colour should be avoided, or lessened where possible).

The fact that he is 14 doesn't take anything away from the arrogance of your post Aidan. Keep up the good work Walsh.
    I agree, it just gives me more time to learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

nevf wrote:
    I agree, it just gives me more time to learn...
    And you can learn, trust me - keep at it.

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote:
    And you can learn, trust me - keep at it.
    Thanks for all your help and confidence in me!

Advertisement