Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deferring/taking a year out!

Options
  • 17-08-2006 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi... just wondering if anybody knows the answer to this! Ive just taken a year out due to failing an exam, now they asked me if I was going to defer another year but I said no, so im goin back in September into third year. The problem is, next summer a good few of my friends are going travelling for the year as they've all finished college. Is it possible to defer fourth year after having taken a year out already? i dont want to miss out on the opportunity of travelling with them as it's something i've always wanted to do! :confused::o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rip-ex

AoiFa wrote:
    hi... just wondering if anybody knows the answer to this! Ive just taken a year out due to failing an exam, now they asked me if I was going to defer another year but I said no, so im goin back in September into third year. The problem is, next summer a good few of my friends are going travelling for the year as they've all finished college. Is it possible to defer fourth year after having taken a year out already? i dont want to miss out on the opportunity of travelling with them as it's something i've always wanted to do! :confused::o
    When you said you took a year out due to failing an exam does this mean you repeated externally or did you just take a year out and now repeating third year ?
    I will presume you took a year out, as far as i know your request to take an additional year out from your course will be up to your head of school, i dont think there would be a problem doing it, they will probably look for assurance from you that you will complete your course as they will be holding a place for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

yeah it shouldnt be a problem, in my college (kevin st) u can even defer the same year twice

Advertisement