Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB Ports not working after upgrade

• 17-08-2006 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey

I reinstalled windows xp on my Toshiba Satellite A40. I downloaded the drivers and installed them in the correct order ( with chipset being first ). Everything was picked up and seems to be working ok except the USB ports. They pick up devices attached to them but do not seem to support 2.0 as they no longer recgonise my ipod. The USB Universal Host Controller does not seem to be installed or not installed correctly and it tells me I need to install a high speed one for these ports to work correctly.
    I cannot find anything on the Toshiba site about this problem and its driving me nuts.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

you're missing the usb 2 drivers. probably should re-install them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

mloc wrote:
    you're missing the usb 2 drivers. probably should re-install them.

hey, cheers for the input. I cant find the usb drivers anywhere for it. The closest i got was the usb2.0 drivers for win2k on my laptop. Not sure if they would work. Suppose can give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i had a similar problem a while back when i reinstalled windows on a desktop. sometimes the usb drivers aren't the easiest to find.

Advertisement