Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent 7095 - is it wireless enabled?

• 17-08-2006 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All
    Looking at the Advent 7095 on Pixmania....i cannot discover if it is wireless enabled or if it even can be. the entry in the tech spec beside PCMCIA is just "-". The same laptop is available on the PC world website and it says there it is "USB wireless enabled". I visited PC World last night and the bloke there said it is not wireless enabled and cannot be because there is no PCMCIA port!

I called Pixmania today and ur one was useless. She said whatever it says on the web, I cannot see anymore than you. Now do you want to order?!!

Any help appreciated!:

And any advice on the laptop itself?! thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If it turns out not to have wireless, you can always use a USB dongle. Works just as well, even if its a bit more hassle and not as handy as having it built in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

thanks for that, are these easily available and how much would they cost? appreciate you help!!

Argos sell a good few of them. I got a basic BT one for about 34.99, does the job fine - as I said, its a bit annoying seeing as its an obtruding usb device as opposed to a discrete built in wifi but it worked grand, used to play games downstairs in my house on my laptop (modem is upstairs), always great signal and reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

great Havok, thanks. one last question - do i need to be careful on the router i choose to be compatable with the usb dongle? ( i am on ntl cable modem broadband).

As long as you have a wireless modem, then you're set to go! Best make sure the usb dongle is both 802.11b and g compatiable just in case though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement