Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does he like me?

• 17-08-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

really really like this guy but not sure if it's mutual or if he's just being friendly.

he sits with me everyday at lunch and on a night out last week he stayed mostly with my friends and i, and had a few dances with me. we also hug alot and have a lot in common.

i know some people are probably thinking "why don't you just ASK him?" but i'm really shy and if he said no, i wouldn't want things to be awkward/embarrassing.
    plus he might be off to college further down south of the country in october so..

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

hey there.

Firstly, he does sound as if he is interested, but at the same time, sorry for sounding harsh, he does sound gay. its a possibilty?

Simplest way to find out is drop subtle hints. Ask him does he have any girls on the scene. Tell him you'd love a drink or something. See does he pick up on it.

There are several ways of asking someone one, without actually asking them!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

antodeco wrote:
    he does sound gay

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What??!! You have to explain how your powers of deduction worked that out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

antodeco wrote:
    hey there.

Firstly, he does sound as if he is interested, but at the same time, sorry for sounding harsh, he does sound gay. its a possibilty?

Eh how the hell did you figure that out ? :confused:
    bad advice in my opinion

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

antodeco wrote:

Ditto- where the hell did you get this from?

OP- its entirely possible that he is shy too. He does sound as though he likes you. Seriously advise you bite the bullet and just ask him out. I know its not the easiest thing to do- but if you don't you will always wonder wonder "what if"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

shycurious wrote:
    i know some people are probably thinking "why don't you just ASK him?" but i'm really shy and if he said no, i wouldn't want things to be awkward/embarrassing.

Dont let shyness put what you want on hold. Ask him. In fact, ask him out. You obviously have no idea of the good impact on a male when de'lady makes the first move.

Ask him out and enjoy the response.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He is probably very shy too, so you aren't the only one. Take some control and ask him out, I'm sure he will be overjoyed. :) Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't ask him out. Just play it easy and drop hints...men aren't stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Yeah i'm with the dropping hints - make him think it was his idea. I asked a guy out once and even though he said yes it was kinda always like i wore the trousers in the relationship after that and i always wondered if he even fancied me cos he didnt ask me out himself.

not a girly girl but still like to be treated like a woman!

ask him what hes up to at the weekend, he in turn should ask you then you say well i havent made any plans. letting him know you are available.

or say 'i would love to see such and such a movie in the cinema (pick a blokes one, maybe one you know he is dying to see) but none of my friends wanna see it, ah well i will have to wait til it comes out on dvd'................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

October, so what do you do till then, is he going to south America lol, any 2 places in Ireland are close to each other , this is a small Contry,Give him the hints and like all red blooded men he will take the lead I'm thinking, one life live it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

shycurious wrote:
    really really like this guy but not sure if it's mutual or if he's just being friendly.

he sits with me everyday at lunch and on a night out last week he stayed mostly with my friends and i, and had a few dances with me. we also hug alot and have a lot in common.

Just jump him!!

;) at OP. (I'm sure I know the OP)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ask him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 000napster

Why not just ask him that? O.o

That's what I did with my boyfriend, the love of my life, just came up to him and informed him that he's going to the cinema with me, on a date. That's was it. (Granted one of our common friends asked me how come I haven't asked him out yet). But my guy didn't even show the signs that your guy does, we train together and hang around sometimes, but then I just decided that since I want to be with him, would just have to go and get him..

Don't be shy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

are u sure hes not gay tho? the whole hugging you thing and hanging around with girls on a night out and that he has a lot in common with a girl, im not taking the piss here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    are u sure hes not gay tho? the whole hugging you thing and hanging around with girls on a night out and that he has a lot in common with a girl, im not taking the piss here..

So the guy that hangs around with the girls is the gay guy.......wow, things have changed since my day it seems?

He's obviously trying to pull her but knows she's shy and doesn't want to scare her off and is probably as shy as her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

No need to be cheeky, him being gay is also a possibility, I was only trying to help, check over in the gay forum and look up the characteristics of gay men and I think youll find guy op is talking about has some of the main ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    No need to be cheeky, him being gay is also a possibility, I was only trying to help, check over in the gay forum and look up the characteristics of gay men and I think youll find guy op is talking about has some of the main ones
    Is that in any of the stickies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    ... check over in the gay forum and look up the characteristics of gay men and I think youll find guy op is talking about has some of the main ones ...
    The official characteristics of gay men
    1. Hugging
    2. Dancing

He hugs and he dances... he must be gay!

He's probably just a shy bloke, lots of guys are like this! Maybe get one of your friends to ask him how he feels about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't get ur friends to ask him anything, unless u want to feel like your back in school. I wouldn't ask him out either. Maybe drop a few hints, and ask your friends to observe the two of you together and check out if his body language suggests he's into you.

You haven't given us much info to go on. U say you have lunch together every day... is that by choice or do either of you have nobody else to have lunch with? How long have you known him? Have you ever known him to have a girlfriend? Has he been dropping any hints himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Trinity1 wrote:

ask him what hes up to at the weekend, he in turn should ask you then you say well i havent made any plans. letting him know you are available.

or say 'i would love to see such and such a movie in the cinema (pick a blokes one, maybe one you know he is dying to see) but none of my friends wanna see it, ah well i will have to wait til it comes out on dvd'................

:) good advice again trinity1. You don't actually have to ask him directly on a date. Something like that is perfect.

Huging and dancing = gay, didn't you know :D
    Ps check for donna summer records and pictires of judy garland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Get your friends to scope him out in a subtle way? Not ask him out or anything, just like, drop your name into a conversation and see what he has to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Trinity1 wrote:

I don't think that going out to the cinema for the first time is a good idea. She wants to talk to the guy.

Advertisement