Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring

Options
  • 17-08-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Would you think about doing it if you get the course you want? I will be if I get the course I want because I can't afford to take the place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

Well, I took a year out between sixth year and repeating(i was in hospital the first time around for the old LC) and it was great to sort my head out. I went back and did the LC no problem.

It is very strange though, to go from being out in the workforce to sitting in a desk again. If you've been working full time for the year, it's very easy to get used to the paypacket at the end of the week, and going back to working 12 hours a week in a shop or a pub is a hell of a shock to the system.

But I have to say it did me the world of good, I wasn't in any shape mentally or physically to go back to education straight after 6th year. But it is quite hard to get back into things at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

I am going to defer if i get BIS. I have a job so I plan to work for the rest of the year, earn/save money, maybe go interrailing for a bit next summer, then go to college in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The thing I'm worried about is that you're not guaranteed to get the deferal. The college could turn it down.

GDM: Will you be going away from home to go to college? What college/course is it you're hoping to do?

I would indeed be moving away, IT Carlow for the new legal studies degree.

• Advertisement

ah right.

then you'll need a good deal of money then.

a loan?

I have a job lined up so if I get it the deferal, I'll have enough money to do it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Depends on the college and course. If there is a big demand, I think it's less likely you'll get a deferral. At least if you are well over the points this year, you'll probabley have enough to apply next year should you not be granted the deferral.

Advertisement