Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combating litter in the north west

Options
  • 17-08-2006 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

As a followup to the Rossnowlagh Beach thread, I thought it would be a good idea to post litter warden numbers for the North west. Unfortunately Donegal co co haven't the number posted on their site, I've emailed to request it so I'll post it when I get a reply:

From Donegal co co site:
    Further information can be obtained by contacting: Suzanne Tinney, Waste Awareness Officer (074) 91 72538 email stinney@donegalcoco.ie

From Leitrim co co site:
    Any member of the public that wants to report a litter / illegal dumping offence should contact the Community Wardens at 078 42667, or the Environmental Hotline 1890 205 205.

From Sligo co co site:
    Give Us a Call
    Finally, if you witness someone illegally dumping their refuse at a bring bank site, litter bin, or in any public place, take note of the car registration and ring the litter warden. Furthermore if you notice any illegally dumped materials, ring the Litter Warden at (087) 6792915… there may just be evidence in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good thread. Lets hope people take note of the contact info given

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Good idea. Very productive. Better than just whinging like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Rang Sligo Borough Council to report dumping in progress, they were more interested in confirming the exact location to ascertain that it was in the borough and not the county rather than trying to catch someone in the act.

I gave up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Sligo County Council provide no bins in the carpark at Knocknarae. It's one of Sligo's biggest attractions. Unless it's been changed recently, a woman who lives there used to spand an hour every weekend picking up other peoples rubbish. Voluntarily. Shows the attitude of the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Rang Sligo Borough Council to report dumping in progress, they were more interested in confirming the exact location to ascertain that it was in the borough and not the county rather than trying to catch someone in the act.

Can you post the Sligo Borough Council number if you have it?

Also, Does anyone know the number for reporting littering in Donegal, the email address above doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You can have a trawl through this in relation to Donegal County Council's Environmental efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slavigo

Great Idea for a thread!

Sligo Borough Litter Warden Number:
    From http://www.sligoborough.ie/asp/Services/Environment_Litter.asp

"""
    If you are concerned that individuals are illegally dumping in your area contact the Litter Warden at 071 9114400(ext 174) in Sligo Borough Council.
    """

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

You can have a trawl through this in relation to Donegal County Council's Environmental efforts

I looked through that site before when I made the original post, but there's no litter warden numbers posted.

Advertisement