Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never been dumped?

• 17-08-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

How do you dump someone when youre sixteen and have no other reason than they're getting on your nerves?
    Going out four months and want to stay friends and all that, i've just never done this before..
    All suggestions welcome please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

I got involved with a guy for 2 years when I was 16 and its one of my biggest regrets. I then went into another longish relationship pretty much straight away afterwards! You're both too young to be getting into serious relationships- its the time of your life to be meeting new people and having fun! Also maybe you want to concentrate on your studies? Explain it that way and you should be okay. Don't be nasty though and say they're annoying you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Honestly, just tell them.

Don't expect them to like you when you tell them. Expect them to be upset - even if they feel like breaking up or you're not serious there's still a sting when someone rejects you.

Don't stick around after the break up. Now I'm not saying you need to tell them and run, but after the break up emotions run high and you're not there to nurture them through the break up.

Hope this helps,
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

hi there

whether your 16 or 60 it is never easy tellin someone you dont want to be with them any longer.

you can be honest but try not to put them down i.e. telling them they are getting on your nerves may seem like a personal attack in which they will go on the defensive.

16 is a sensitive age and a time when confidence is easily knocked so be gentle but firm!!

You could say we are just too young at the moment and it is affecting study and that.

Depending on the maturity level of the other person you may expect some kind of reaction just dont let that make you change your mind in other words dont be bullied or guilt-tripped into staying around.

Colm is right in that a clean break is best. Just try to be nice about it and dont slag them off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Be nice but be sure your message gets in there, a clean break. It is not easy unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Try "You know this isn't really working out for me. You are kinda annoying me so I think we'd better call it a day."

You might find it tough to do but it gets easier with practice.

Avoid the usual "I love you, but am not IN LOVE with you" or "It's not you, it's me" garbage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement