Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Mp7 arrived today. Sweet gun. UNCo ROCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I ordered from Gizmos D: Oh well, it'll take them two weeks to ship my gun. Why wasnt this thread set up last week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Just search for European Airsoft Shops on google and you should get a few.
    If you dont, theres always http://www.wgcshop.com It has a large stock and isnt too expensive, only thing is...... shipping is. :( Anyway, happy searching :D

Strawbs

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Sparks wrote:
    Exactly.
    Something like "I ordered a marker from them, it didn't arrive for six months, it was broken and they overcharged me for the spare parts" - that's fair comment.
    Something like "They're a bunch of sheep-molesting eejits who ripped me off" is more commonly known as "libel"...

:D Ok, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Harekin wrote:

Im not too sure about this. I have shoped with gizmos a few times - never had any trouble. In the topic you mentioned there, that chap seemed to buy his gear with cash or a postal order. That was the cause for a lot of his upset. Shopping with a creadit card is the easiest way as it is mostly automated.

What i like about gizmos is that there is no hassel with customs and the vat is all included cause they are in the eu. Your screwed if you purchase stuff to total under €100 cause the shipping is not free alright. Also you get loyalty points, You get 10% back of your order. Basically, i have €70 creadit with them for just buying stuff.

Thats my 2 cents on them anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Heres another one, Scotland based, a few there to choose from, the shipping seems resonable too, of course the usual 17.5% VAT.

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ive given Gizmos 14 days to get my rifle to me. If they dont then http://www.airsoftwarehouse.co.uk/index.htm looks like a good alternative. £15 shipping to Ireland seems very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Airsoft retailers i've had good experiences with:

EU:

Campobase (Italy)
    Zero One Airsoft (UK)
    Airsoft Scotland/ Global (UK)
    Airsoft Armory (UK)
    Firesupport (UK)
    Wolfs Lair - walk in shop but quite pricey and low stock levels(UK)

HK:

WGC
    G'n'G
    UN Co.
    Den
    TMC
    Boom Arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

I've ordered from UNcompany with no problems. Fast shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

just received my lovely mp5 from actionhobbys.co.uk today, gun itself was only £80/€120, shipping was £17, gun was shipped on thursday and arrived this morning (mon), pretty good service all around,
    id recommend them if your looking at buying something reasonably low-end to start off or to see if your interested in splashing out more on the big guns...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

kdouglas wrote:
    just received my lovely mp5 from actionhobbys.co.uk today, gun itself was only £80/€120, shipping was £17, gun was shipped on thursday and arrived this morning (mon), pretty good service all around,
    id recommend them if your looking at buying something reasonably low-end to start off or to see if your interested in splashing out more on the big guns...
    They dont sell TM's, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I placed an order for an Airsoft gun from www.Gizmos-uk.com about 3 weeks ago and still no word. when I placed the order it was filed under my pre-orders, however a week later it was taken off so I assumed it was being shipped. I talked to them and they said it still wasn't in stock. I have no record of that order anymore on my login. they gave me an order number but I have no way of checking on it other than calling them every day or two to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Harekin wrote:
    They dont sell TM's, no?

no, doesnt look like it, like i said, good for lower-end aeg's and stuff for starting off

Anyone here ever buy from www.fire-support.co.uk?? Just wondering what there service is like and how long it takes them to get a package to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Well Ehobby Asia is the only dealer ive dealt with and i highly recommend them. took 5 days in all and got through without any parcel farce and the like :D

Anyone here ever buy from www.fire-support.co.uk?? Just wondering what there service is like and how long it takes them to get a package to Ireland?
    They're really good, never bought anything big off them but Iv heard savage reviews.

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4014

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3885

This is their own thread on ASI:
    http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showforum=92

Cool, thanks Harekin, just placed an order. Now to play the waiting game...:rolleyes: , is it here yet??

Its a bit late to be playing that...I doubt they'll be processing orders at 23.42pm at night.

EDIT: Lol, joking btw.

Nahh, I guess not :( , best hit the bed so:p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

BIG thumbs up to http://www.redwolfairsoft.com shipped my gun last thursday would have got it yesterday if i hadnt missed the dhl van :( , got it today tho :D

• Advertisement

You get customs whacked for that?

yeah had to pay €38 to dhl on delivery got a phone call to ask if i was willing to pay it i said yes and deliveried the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

finally got my UTG sniper in the post from speedytoys.com. no import duty! just the horrible postage cost of about €50. was deffinately opened by customs, had been repackaged with brown tape.
    seems very solidly built. a lot of metal parts.
    have yet to chrono it, but so far its shooting nicely straight through my plastic garden pots and leaving nice little dents in my wooden fence :D

Got my VSR-10 Pro Sniper from www.fire-support.com today. It was posted on Thursday 31st August, and shipping was £15 delivered by Interlink Express. Didnt seem to be any problems with customs or the likes. Review and pics to follow later

Got all my stuff from www.fire-support.co.uk, got my bb's battery,mag in 1 1/2 days of been shipped my gun got held up in the UK for some reason but i phoned them and they got it sent straight out, they are great to talk to ill defenantly recommend them. and ill be shopping with them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ordered A CA33E, 2 Mags and Goggles from airsoftwarehouse.co.uk. £15 for shipping. Recieved after only 2 days. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jel

I have had a nightmare experience with this crowd.

They allow you to send enquiries/messages to their customer service staff and you get a reply via email. They also have an online customer service chat feature and a contact phone number. If you want to send your item back for return/refund then they have an online "return request" form that you fill out and they then process it and get back to you via email.

The gun I bought turned out to be faulty. I sent some messages to their staff and they
    tried to troubleshoot the problem. I tried all their recommendations but it still
    would not work. I then decided I would send it back. I replied to the email thread
    I still had active from the previous conversation and asked about the returns procedure. I got no reply from them.

I sent numerous other messages (about 5) to them through their online form, but never got a single reply. I
    tried to log on to the online customer services chat application about 30 times but
    it would never work. I tried to ring them on their contact number and a recorded
    message tells you to use the online features. I tried this for a week but never got
    one response from them.

The site tells you you must fill out a return request to get a return number which
    must be placed on your package. Otherwise they say the package will be rejected as
    they receive 100s of them a day.

I decided to just post the package off without a return number as i could be waiting
    forerver. I included a full report and explanation as to why it hadnt got a return number attached.
    I again send them a message telling them I sent it off. They replied to this email though,
    and said that the package wouldnt be processed as it hadnt got a return number. Smart ha!

In summary I wanted to return the gun and was blatantly ignored. During the week where I couldnt
    get a response I even sent a stock enquiry message to them from using a different name and email address.
    Low and behold that got a response the next day!

DO NOT BUY FROM GIZMOS. THEY ARE GANGSTERS.

Master of the Universe

just recieved my TM Famas SV with high cap and all the rest from ehobbyasia.com.
    took 6 days in total from China.
    no customs charges whatsoever :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

no customs charges whatsoever
    Sheer brilliance isnt it.:D
    suppose your charging it as we speak? How does she look?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

i put the battery in the gun before i charged it to see how heavy the whole thing was. popped in a few bbs and low and behold, the battery appeared to be charged already!

the ROF is fuking insane. i'll be buying many many more magazines. blasts a flower pot to bits in a few seconds.

yes, i was giggling like a school girl

Advertisement