Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

No bothers man...cos I want one too!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 LSnK

Hey guys, what do you think of CheckSix? I want to get some UMP and L96 magazines there, but I'd like some input from those with experience first. I've never ordered anything from overseas before.

I'd also like to know if this silliness with Speedpost EMS will affect ordering something as trifling as magazines. (Edit: IronWolf says it only affects the guns.)

By the way, if anyone knows where to get that stuff in Ireland, please do tell me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

LSnK wrote: »
    Hey guys, what do you think of CheckSix? I want to get some UMP and L96 magazines there, but I'd like some input from those with experience first. I've never ordered anything from overseas before.

I'd also like to know if this silliness with Speedpost EMS will affect ordering something as trifling as magazines. (Edit: IronWolf says it only affects the guns.)

By the way, if anyone knows where to get that stuff in Ireland, please do tell me.
    i purchased from these guys,it took over a month for the package (electric dum mag)to arrive.but in all fairness i did order just after chinese new year and they were swamped with back orders.they awnsered all e-mails promptly so i cant say anything bad about them,hope this is a help to you. i don't think mags are affected by the speedpost ems new restrictions....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 LSnK

It was, thanks Nutzbutz.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Quick qestion: do "fire-support.co.uk" usually give confirmation of payment and delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Quick qestion: do "fire-support.co.uk" usually give confirmation of payment and delivery?

They have when I've used them in the past, but it can take a day or two, depending on how busy they are. Which is usually "very" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Hey lads. Was just about to order a Mauri G3 of ehobbyasia when i saw some people discussing shipping problems on this thread. is shipping an airsoft AEG to ireland still legal or was it just a few sites getting there wires crossed?

Really appreciate any reply as it this kinda scuppering my attempt at my first Aeg :confused:

Hey lads. Was just about to order a Mauri G3 of ehobbyasia when i saw some people discussing shipping problems on this thread. is shipping an airsoft AEG to ireland still legal or was it just a few sites getting there wires crossed?

Really appreciate any reply as it this kinda scuppering my attempt at my first Aeg :confused:

Its still perfectly legal, but you might find some retailers wont ship to Ireland because they exclusively use EMS, who have decided they wont ship replicas to Ireland. Most of the HK retailers will simply quote you for another courier, like UPS, Fedex or TNT. So far I've received stuff from Red Wolf and WGC via Fedex and TNT. Its slightly more expensive, but problem free.

I placed a small pistol order with E-Hobby on Saturday to see how they go about shipping it - they quoted me a shipping price and took the payment, so no problems so far. They used to use EMS exclusively as far as I know, so I'm interested to see how they handle it.

You might be better holding off until I hear something and post here just in case there are problems, or buy the G3 from Red Wolf or WGC instead.

• Advertisement

cheers mate real helpful. Any rough idea how much shipping would be on a g3 plus battery and stuff from wgc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

cheers mate real helpful. Any rough idea how much shipping would be on a g3 plus battery and stuff from wgc?

just go through the order process on the site and theyll email you a quote

Cool. Think their ordering is down until the 16th so ill be impatiently waiting until then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Has anyone had any dealings with Wolf Armouries. I placed an order last week they got in contact to tell my one item was out of stock. I replyed and a week later nothing has happened yet. I mailed them 2 days ago. Is this delay normal for wolf armouries ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

their stock levels on the website are a little optimistic , i'd always ring them before ordering.but they are normally quick to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

kdouglas wrote: »
    Hey guys, thinking about getting a new airsoft gun, possibly an mp5 or a p90, anyone got any recommendations on where to buy?

Either electric or gas powered model, but obviously within the 1joule legal limit?

Try airsofteire.ie good prices and speedy delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

babyjames wrote: »
    Try airsofteire.ie good prices and speedy delivery

The post you quoted is from 17-08-2006 ;)

He now currently has both AEGs..plus several rooms full more! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

sorry not used to this kind of thing:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

We're also .com, not .ie. :D:D

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 FIBUA

are airsoftworld.net (scottish) any good, deliverywise etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭cpb

I found them to be expensive for shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 FIBUA

cpb wrote: »
    I found them to be expensive for shipping.
    did it take long for your stuff to get to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭cpb

It was a while ago about 5 days I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has brought from russiancombatgear.com before ?
    Looking at a Tac Vest there.Normal buy from Redsolider but the vest there is out off stock.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

joe90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has brought from russiancombatgear.com before ?
    Looking at a Tac Vest there.Normal buy from Redsolider but the vest there is out off stock.

Thanks in advance.

I remember not so long ago that site didn't work, perhaps they are new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Yeh the site look like it had not been update for a while.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Ordered a few pouches, silencer and caps from Paul at ebaybanned (or EB Tactical as he seems to be now) and they arrived this morning 10 days later. All perfect and very good postage times from HK all things considered.

+1 again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

ebaybanned...unfortunately i had my first bad experience with them.

order 4 items 2 were delivered after 2 weeks

emailed them and it appears that they forgot the other 2 items. only shipping them tomorrow..which is fairly shoddy.

pity as i like it as a site and they have some great items on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

dex had something similar to that a few months back, if i remember correctly it took well over a month to be sorted out., :(
    havent had any problems myself though, and defender swears by them like as if he owns the place.,:D maybe they just dont wanna loose him as a valued customer, hes probably their biggest., lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

:p:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Got my Cavalvy Motorola 2 pin headset from ehobby there this week, posted 27th May.
    Fantastic product, really recommended for a comms set.

I also got my XTN446 from ccs-trading on ebay.co.uk. Fantastic service, lightning quick shipping and top-class product*. Really cheap too.

*Thanks Dex for the advice

Total cost to me- approx 200 euro...bargain

• Advertisement

Word of advice for those of you who deal with WGC Shop in Hong Kong.

Up until now I've found them an excellent retailer, but a few weeks ago I placed a large order (US$1200+). Some of the items were out of stock, and they offered to give me the amount in credit ($587, to be exact). Because I had used them at least 20 times without a problem, and planned to do so again, I opted for the credit.

Since then, I've tried to place three orders to avail of the credit, two of which were of over US$1000 in value, and all three have been ignored - no acknowledgement of the order, and no quote within 24 hours, as would normally happen. They have responded to one email with a vague promise to "look into it", and ignored at least 6 others. Phonecalls are either left on hold while they find someone to look after me, or they dont call back as promised.

I've opened a dispute with Paypal, but just thought I'd let you all know - if you order from them, and they offer you credit or a refund when something is out of stock, get the refund :mad:

Their short-sighted attitude has resulted in a loss of thousands of dollars in sales in the future - I wont be dealing with them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I also had the offer of credit a few weeks ago and took it, i have to say myself that i did not have a problems placed another order about 5 days ago and credit was applied without a problem, i have to say thought of late they have been slow on the replays very out of character for them normally excellent.

airsoft global did have a note on emails about a holiday....
    HOLIDAY NOTICE - Duanwu Festival
    Airsoft Global will be on vacation from 7th to 9th June 2008 in observance
    of Duanwu Festival and weekend.
    Limited services are available in this period.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Happy Holidays!

don't know if this effected wgc

I have to admit I was surprised myself - I've found them one of the best retailers out there up to now.

By contrast, I wanted a lot of bits and pieces from eHobby and emailed them yesterday looking for a combined shipping price, and they reminded me about a substantial store credit I still had with them from a large order about 3 months ago - I'd completely forgotten about it.

Once the credit has been refunded to my card from WGC I'll probably still continue to use them, despite what I said earlier - they have a lot of stuff thats hard to find elsewhere. I just won't be accepting an offer of credit again :)

well from what you've said i would honesty think twice about it again, just in case i had the problems

Received the refund to my Paypal account from WGC today. No explanation, just a brief note to say it had been applied.

Oh well...I'll probably try them again next week, and see how long they take to send me a quote this time.

red-soldier

Made an order for some russian surplus gear, within a couple of hours I had a tracking number for fedex, at my door early this morning, less than 6 days later, with the fedex tracking site giving a very accurate eta.

A well trusted retailer for such items, and very reasonable prices for russian military items like vests and bdu's straight from the factory to their warehouse.

What items did you get? I’ve read some bad thing in the past about item advertised as real but being us copy, but that was the past no idea know.

Just want to add another great place for Russian gear is Dmitry over at soviet propaganda best customer service I’ve had for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I ordered a face mask from http://cactushobbies.com/

Very good people to deal with. They contacted me the day after the order to confirm the address (guess they haven't dealt much with Irish no post codes), and had it shipped the next day. They forgot to send the tracking number, but a quick email and they had it to me within the hour.

Very good service, and every email response had a happy tone to it. I would order from them again (if they sold more than just two masks:P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Anyone order much from fire-support.co.uk recently?
    Are they usually slow to process orders etc?

I ordered from SLR parts from Fire Support in the UK on the 17th of this month.
    So far not a peep out of them. An order confirmation email but nothing charged
    to my credit card and no further contact from them.

Cant goto their website as its blocked through works surfwatch :( so must check
    out the site later when I get home.

~B

• Advertisement

i've found them to be excellent although you never seem to get a confirmation of posting, i normally just give them a call

Tal an Vine, Conquest Drove, Farcet,
    Peterborough - CAMBS (PE7 3DH)
    United Kingdom
    Phone # +44(0) 01733 247171
    * Email info@fire-support.co.uk

will always talk and i can almost guarantee it will be sorted within a minute for you.

@puding

m23 pioneer vest, and a bekas les bdu.

I've always assumed they were very good, seeing as they are sponsors of red-alliance, I have heard some items are out of stock and hard to get though.

will have to give them a try then, waiting for a gorka e and gorka s along with a smersh set for the gathering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ebaybanned,
    how long do they usually take and does there stuff go near customs that much or at all?
    was a bit surprised when they said 2-5 working days for my stuff to arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

This thread here:
    Ebaybanned delivery time

should help you out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ordered from flecktarn.co.uk on Thursday - gear arrived today.
    Superb service and the quality of gear is so far beyond ebaybanned.Really a great experience with flecktarn everytime.
    even the little touch like sending you a photo of your gear before is ships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Morning all.

Has anyone ordered of this crowd? Any good? Good/bad reports?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/

All the best,

Ian

I have before, they seem ok, make sure they know we aren't under the vcra here as they nearly painted my luger luminous snot green.

Usually they will ask in e-mail though.

Bar that they seem ok, decent stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Morning all.

Has anyone ordered of this crowd? Any good? Good/bad reports?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/

All the best,

Ian

Moved to retailer's thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

kdouglas wrote: »
    Moved to retailer's thread.

Thanks, sorry about the wrong section.

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 danielsa

So I bought a rifle from hobby & gear that was sent by normal HK airmail post about 3 weeks ago.

Excellent price on the rifle, about 85usd, although shipping was 55usd.

I checked the tracking and noticed nothing happening so contacted the seller.

Turns out item got stopped by hong kong post, the seller said that he would refund me the cost of the goods without shipping (even though it didn't go anywhere). So i am 30 euro+ out.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and is this the SOP?

• Advertisement
Advertisement