Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

They always had next day delivery as i always receive my orders the next day but what do they mean by this?
    New shipping method! Who would have thought we could get any quicker with our deliverys, but from 5/9/08 onwards, all items are now shipped via An Post Next Day Express Post! With no price increase!

Our previous postal method was An Post Parcel Post which was 2-3 days, they were just exceptionally good at what they did.
    Our new postal method is An Post Express Post, which is guaranteed next day delivery. So if you make your order before 4pm, your parcel will arrive the next day. :)

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Our previous postal method was An Post Parcel Post which was 2-3 days, they were just exceptionally good at what they did.
    Our new postal method is An Post Express Post, which is guaranteed next day delivery. So if you make your order before 4pm, your parcel will arrive the next day. :)

Steve

Up to 4pm now? Nice! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i've noticed a few sites stating that they offer no warranty on clone AEG's. Legal under consumer law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

these sites in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

i've noticed a few sites stating that they offer no warranty on clone AEG's. Legal under consumer law?

Good question, I wondered that too, I presume it is, but it sounds like it

could be in breach of something :confused:

Yes, one of them was, can't remember what it was off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

just bought my first bit of kit from eirsoft

M4A1 And ACOG Red Dot Sight

Sexy Kit
    Good Priceing
    Patient Employees

will be going back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Far as I know, if it's not fit for purpose sold, etc, then the Consumer Rights legislation covers you and overrides any terms that the retailer offers. But it's limited, and I understand that is because AEGs, for example, are user-serviceable. Or, user-feckable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 merollan

Hi Guys,

I am very new to the site and would like to know 3 things.

1. how do i post a new thread on the forum?
    2. how do i custom a poll for a question i want to ask on that thread?
    3. if i want to ask any questions to get feedback regarding a new business idea, what the best thing to do?

Any help or advice on this would be great.

Regards
    Colin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

PM the mods, business based threads must be discussed and approved by mods before posting.
    kevteljeur wrote: »
    Far as I know, if it's not fit for purpose sold, etc, then the Consumer Rights legislation covers you and overrides any terms that the retailer offers. But it's limited, and I understand that is because AEGs, for example, are user-serviceable. Or, user-feckable...

I remember ages ago, working in an electronics store, there were rows about this every week. There was always someone coming in spouting the "I know my rights" and quoting (poorly) things they had learned in leaving cert business class, much to the amusement of myself and the manager (me being the shops tech and him being in charge, we got the majority of this abuse).
    Basically there are exceptions to the rule with certain items. For example, consumable products like batteries would not be covered by warranties. Even rechargeable batteries are exempt. You'll find that many user-serviceable items are excluded also.
    Take RAM stick for a computer for example, your statutory rights end the minute you open the ESD bag as you have compromised the static protection. However, if you have that same RAM installed for you by the store you bought it from, your rights stay intact because it was not user-serviced. As confusing as that is, there's a load of grey areas in between.
    Also, certain other items are exempt due to the type of use they are designed for. For example, a hammer wouldn't usually come with a warranty, or a crowbar etc. It's called the "acceptable wear and tear" clause. I'd assume that because (some) retailers think that clones are so far below the par of high end units, that selling them with a warranty is a financial risk to themselves. Though this could be argued rather strongly, especially since CA gear outstrips clones for, well..., stripping gears!

NakedDex wrote: »
    PM the mods, business based threads must be discussed and approved by mods before posting.

I remember ages ago, working in an electronics store, there were rows about this every week. There was always someone coming in spouting the "I know my rights" and quoting (poorly) things they had learned in leaving cert business class, much to the amusement of myself and the manager (me being the shops tech and him being in charge, we got the majority of this abuse).
    Basically there are exceptions to the rule with certain items. For example, consumable products like batteries would not be covered by warranties. Even rechargeable batteries are exempt. You'll find that many user-serviceable items are excluded also.
    Take RAM stick for a computer for example, your statutory rights end the minute you open the ESD bag as you have compromised the static protection. However, if you have that same RAM installed for you by the store you bought it from, your rights stay intact because it was not user-serviced. As confusing as that is, there's a load of grey areas in between.
    Also, certain other items are exempt due to the type of use they are designed for. For example, a hammer wouldn't usually come with a warranty, or a crowbar etc. It's called the "acceptable wear and tear" clause. I'd assume that because (some) retailers think that clones are so far below the par of high end units, that selling them with a warranty is a financial risk to themselves. Though this could be argued rather strongly, especially since CA gear outstrips clones for, well..., stripping gears!

I think you are covered if the equipment is defective 'out of the box'; to use your hammer example, if the hammer is incapable of being used as a hammer because the head is loose, for example. Or if the AEG doesn't work 'out of the box'. I'm not sure how far the sales contract can go ('It might be broken and if so, it's not our problem' - might not cut it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There are clauses for that too. Go into Harvey Norman on any given day, for example, and you'll find a table of stuff being sold "as is" with no warranty. Usually ex display stuff missing a box or remote, or has scratches on it etc. I suppose, on technicality, you could apply that to some airsoft products, but it'd be a stretch to justify it applying to all clones.

Obviously buying cheap clones with plastic gearboxes, etc, is understandable, but some of the clones are excellently produced and they are definitely not cheap in general terms - but can an airsoft retailer state they don't offer a warranty on clones, and if yours breaks, say, 1 month later, they can tell you to get lost? I noticed on a few Polish/European sites they even offer warranty of some of the really cheap air rifles, even in the sub 50 euro bracket! I would never purchase anything from a site that did not offer a warranty on clones, I stopped looking at the site the minute I saw that. It was Irish but not sure what one. No way I'd shell out up to 160-180 on a JG rifle to be told 'Sorry, no warranty' if it developed a fault through no user misuse after a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Obviously buying cheap clones with plastic gearboxes, etc, is understandable, but some of the clones are excellently produced and they are definitely not cheap in general terms - but can an airsoft retailer state they don't offer a warranty on clones, and if yours breaks, say, 1 month later, they can tell you to get lost? I noticed on a few Polish/European sites they even offer warranty of some of the really cheap air rifles, even in the sub 50 euro bracket! I would never purchase anything from a site that did not offer a warranty on clones, I stopped looking at the site the minute I saw that. It was Irish but not sure what one. No way I'd shell out up to 160-180 on a JG rifle to be told 'Sorry, no warranty' if it developed a fault through no user misuse after a short time.

Thing is though, you will hardly ever break a JG, the things are guns made

from the hand of god :)

So JG are really a new persons best bet for reliability as a first gun

Ordered 2 mid-cap mags amongst other stuff from mainirishairsoft, was sent two high-caps by mistake, once returned I got both my 2 mid-caps, plus an extra mag free filled with high quality bb's. Great service...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bidchart - Ebay store

Prevous orders - Full flecktarn camo that arrived in perfect condition and within 2 weeks.

Current order.
    Multicam Camo outfit
    Multicam tight t-shirt
    Multicam Tac vest.

Tac vest arrived today, perfect order, ordered on the 28th of August.

Multicam camo and t-shirt, so ive been informed is currently in Customs...

Bidchart, put on the parcel, value €8, so i wasnt even charged any vat.

I know some people have had bad experiences but ive had nothing but good support, including very rapid responses to email

Recommended for me, outstanding prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Bidchart - Ebay store

Prevous orders - Full flecktarn camo that arrived in perfect condition and within 2 weeks.

Current order.
    Multicam Camo outfit
    Multicam tight t-shirt
    Multicam Tac vest.

I know some people have had bad experiences but ive had nothing but good support, including very rapid responses to email

I'm still waiting for multicam ordered 2 weeks ago. No notification of shipping.

drop him a line, generally its the usual hong kong **** talk ,but atleast he does it fast :)

Generally everything he ships get seized by customs, well for me anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah im the same, 3 weeks waiting on a boonie hat and a dump pouch from bidchart with no communication at all., wouldnt toucht them again after this.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Bidchart - Ebay store

I've used them in the past a couple of times. Items always arrived but slow shipping. (typically 1 month).

Bought from what appears to be their sister company "sellchart" - some multicam bits. Bought on 24th Aug. Still no sign and no shipping notification.

All I can do is wait, I'm confident that the items will show up ok. But getting on for a month now...

Will post result.

Recommended but expect slow postage:rolleyes:

Another one I bought from was "Sunarmsairsoft"
    http://stores.ebay.com/Sunarmsairsoft-of-Wargame

Bought a hydration pack from them. It was shipped the next day and I was given tracking numbers and kept informed. Arrived about 5 or 6 days later. Very good service.

Very good seller. Prices and shipping excellent too.
    100% Recommended and will use again.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

vtec wrote: »
    yeah im the same, 3 weeks waiting on a boonie hat and a dump pouch from bidchart with no communication at all., wouldnt toucht them again after this.,

I just bought a boonie, radio pouch, grenade pouch and one or two other bits & pieces from www.ASMC.de

Top class operation, good website, good prices, quick delivery and no import duty or VAT problems. Highly recommended. By the time you add in all the delays and costs it's probably better value than HongKong.

They also stock French CCE camo, which is very similar to our own Irish DPM. Take the option of adding a copy of their catalogue to your order. OK it's in German, but you can probably figure most of it out and it's the size of a small phone book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

OzCam wrote: »
    I just bought a boonie, radio pouch, grenade pouch and one or two other bits & pieces from www.ASMC.de

Top class operation, good website, good prices, quick delivery and no import duty or VAT problems. Highly recommended. By the time you add in all the delays and costs it's probably better value than HongKong.

They also stock French CCE camo, which is very similar to our own Irish DPM. Take the option of adding a copy of their catalogue to your order. OK it's in German, but you can probably figure most of it out and it's the size of a small phone book.
    I put togethar a shoppin cart with them on friday havent confirmed the order yet, but good to hear you had no problems with them

ok has anyone brought in an aeg from the U.S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Stone.cold wrote: »
    ok has anyone brought in an aeg from the U.S?

Don't bother unless you can only get it from the U.S. You'll have an absolute load of import fees added and it'll more than likely come with a red tip.

If you have to buy from abroad, China is still your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Is it just me, or are some of they're prices a bit over the top, for AEG'S.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

I've used them in the past a couple of times. Items always arrived but slow shipping. (typically 1 month).

Bought from what appears to be their sister company "sellchart" - some multicam bits. Bought on 24th Aug. Still no sign and no shipping notification.

All I can do is wait, I'm confident that the items will show up ok. But getting on for a month now...

Will post result.

Recommended but expect slow postage:rolleyes:

Another one I bought from was "Sunarmsairsoft"
    http://stores.ebay.com/Sunarmsairsoft-of-Wargame

Bought a hydration pack from them. It was shipped the next day and I was given tracking numbers and kept informed. Arrived about 5 or 6 days later. Very good service.

Very good seller. Prices and shipping excellent too.
    100% Recommended and will use again.:)

i could be wrong but isnt bidchart ebaybanned?

i got stuff from bid and sell but it is slow. they always did deliver and most times you got no tracking id, it just arrived.

Stone.cold wrote: »
    I put togethar a shoppin cart with them on friday havent confirmed the order yet, but good to hear you had no problems with them

Check your spam filter or Junk folder, they would have sent you an email within a few minutes if the order had registered. The subject line begins "Ihre Bestellung". Don't worry, all their emails are in German, French and English, you just have to read though them carefully.
    iceage wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are some of they're prices a bit over the top, for AEG'S.?

Yeah, they have to make money on something. Some of their other items are ridiculously cheap. What, you never saw a supermarket doing the same thing?

Don't compare with Hong Kong. That price includes VAT, you only have to add shipping. Also, check that any AEG you buy from them is under1J. Most of them are, but not all. When you see the 600 page catalogue you'll realize that AEGs are only a tiny part of their business.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Don't bother unless you can only get it from the U.S. You'll have an absolute load of import fees added and it'll more than likely come with a red tip.
    If you have to buy from abroad, China is still your best bet.

+10% EU duty
    +27% VAT
    +40 or 50 euro of handling & clearance charges from UPS/FedEx
    +27% VAT on the handling charge
    + blaze orange tip (some are replaceable, many have to be painted over)
    = really not worth it.

Buy Irish - you'll have somewhere to go if it breaks. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

i could be wrong but isnt bidchart ebaybanned?

i got stuff from bid and sell but it is slow. they always did deliver and most times you got no tracking id, it just arrived.

Didnt think so Falls, but I might be mistaken too. I'd be surprised that they were not banned too, although they only sell multicamO...:p:rolleyes:

Package arrived from Sellchart last Friday and there was none of the usual details on the package (no tracking, no return address, no stamps or stampings, nothing but my address and the green customs docket on the back.) Ok besides.

I'm sure the lack of detail/information doesnt help with the expedience.

Any chance we could gather all the info, pros and cons of buying abroad (covering the various regions - Europe, Asia, US) into a coherent post and then sticky it in 'Getting started'? The questions do come up very, very often and almost always require the same answers, usually in essence being "Buy your Airsoft gun in Ireland, it'll work out easier, safer and often not much more expensive". That way we can just post a link to it instead of thrashing it all out again.

Just a thought. I haven't bought an airsoft gun from abroad, just parts, but the math looks pretty clear to me. Bits and pieces are a different story and I'm not seeing a clear winner there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 goonah89

Hi,

Johnny newbie here - first post, very knew to Airsoft but hooked right up the old ying yang!! :eek:;)

I bought an M14, a D-Boys M4 CQB and a KWA G17 from Eirsoft and they are the mutts nuts. :cool:

Took a chance and ordered some stuff online from www.airguns.ie and am still awaiting delivery days later. Anyone had any dealings with them? Anyone know Piotr that answers the phone? Are they legit or did I just get reemed?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there a real shop but that doesn't mean good service, i;ve had nothing but trouble from them myself, and i see they still have that rubbish on there web site about being a tokyo marui direct dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 goonah89

Puding wrote: »
    there a real shop but that doesn't mean good service, i;ve had nothing but trouble from them myself, and i see they still have that rubbish on there web site about being a tokyo marui direct dealer

Oh, shizer... :eek::(

Thanks for the info. :cool:

Did they eventually deliver?

Didnt think so Falls, but I might be mistaken too. I'd be surprised that they were not banned too, although they only sell multicamO...:p:rolleyes:

Package arrived from Sellchart last Friday and there was none of the usual details on the package (no tracking, no return address, no stamps or stampings, nothing but my address and the green customs docket on the back.) Ok besides.

I'm sure the lack of detail/information doesnt help with the expedience.

I got an email back from them and it was far better writen than the average reply ya get from ebaybanned, although their maths isnt the best, i emailed them after 18 days and their reply was "if the package doesnt arrive within 14 days of purchase, please get in touch."
    lol

I'm going to Enniskillen on saturday, anyone know if theres any airsoft retailers up there in that area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

1 Word...

Nightmare.

These guys have a superb range of stock. But demand a stupid level of address ID before they will ship outside the USA.

Even after paying with my verified PayPal account that was not sufficient for them.

Still waiting on response form customer service (over 24 hours since last reply) but not looking good that they will ship the order.

Stay away, or risk your sanity !

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

quick question lads are gunner still shipping to ireland? Looking to get some of those replica kimber grips they have on their site!

arnt they on RSOV? no probs with shipping from there.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

Yea they do i think m8 they just have a vest and a few other things as well that rsov don't!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Bidchart - Ebay store

Current order.
    Multicam Camo outfit
    Multicam tight t-shirt
    Multicam Tac vest.

What's the quality like on the uniforms? I'm thinking of getting their "Cadpat"
    If it's anything like ebaybanned's ACU, I'll have it ;)

• Advertisement

Bidchart quality of products is top notch, ive put my multicam through the paces, and for the 20 odd euro i paid..its great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Bidchart quality of products is top notch, ive put my multicam through the paces, and for the 20 odd euro i paid..its great.

Thanks Doc, but I've maxed out my CC so I can't get it until next month....all on airsoft...again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Get the OPS stuff from Dropzone Tactical. Even the real issued stuff is far inferior to it.

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Get the OPS stuff from Dropzone Tactical. Even the real issued stuff is far inferior to it.

That's where I got my Recce Smock. The Rolls Royce of jackets, with 15 pockets and a price tag to match. I love it.

http://www.dropzonetactical.com/clothing/reccesmock.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

That's where I got my Recce Smock. The Rolls Royce of jackets, with 15 pockets and a price tag to match. I love it.

http://www.dropzonetactical.com/clothing/reccesmock.html

did you really buy one of them smock's?

very very pricey aint they

moggser wrote: »
    did you really buy one of them smock's?

very very pricey aint they

Yes, I did. Yes, they are. Plus another ~80euro duty & VAT when it arrived. It's worth every cent, you have to see the quality to believe it. I expect it to last for years.

A shirt & pants may be ok for Arizona or someplace, but they don't give enough protection for an Irish winter, not enough for me anyway. I prefer the heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Yes, I did. Yes, they are. Plus another ~80euro duty & VAT when it arrived. It's worth every cent, you have to see the quality to believe it. I expect it to last for years.

A shirt & pants may be ok for Arizona or someplace, but they don't give enough protection for an Irish winter, not enough for me anyway. I prefer the heat.

well i hope you do get the best o wear from it at that price i'd xpect insurance for it to lol

thing i like about it is the pockets theres loads aint there do they fit much in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinealight

Ive had a package from redwolf held in customs since last wensday and its status has been "Held By Customs, Awaiting Clearance. Follow Up Actions Underway. " with its location being dublin. When i checked this morning it has the same message but its location is UB2. Anyone know what that is????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ive had a package from redwolf held in customs since last wensday and its status has been "Held By Customs, Awaiting Clearance. Follow Up Actions Underway. " with its location being dublin. When i checked this morning it has the same message but its location is UB2. Anyone know what that is????

If it's an AEG it may be that they are testing it to ensure it is under 1 joule. If it's some kind of attachment, they may be checking if it's an airsoft or a firearm attachment.

To be honest though, nobody really knows why Customs do what they do. It's one of life's little mysteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Any time that my airsoft stuff was held in Customs, I phoned them and they released it immediately. The only time a package was not released immediately, was when VAT was due. To pay the VAT you need to e-mail them proof of the value of the items and mail them a postal order for the amount requested. The people in customs are helpful and will explain exactly what you need to do. Customs and Excise phone number 017059737.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinealight

Thanks for the number hunter ill give them a call in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement