Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Are dentrinity reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

I've got two orders through without any hassle.
    The one thing is that quality is very good. Some stuff they have can not be found anyware.
    fayer wrote: »
    1 Word...

Nightmare.

These guys have a superb range of stock. But demand a stupid level of address ID before they will ship outside the USA.

Even after paying with my verified PayPal account that was not sufficient for them.

Still waiting on response form customer service (over 24 hours since last reply) but not looking good that they will ship the order.

Stay away, or risk your sanity !

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Has anyone bought from http://www.wgcshop.com/

I did a quick search of this thread but didn't see anything,it's quite a long thread!

Just wondering if they are reliable.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

tvnutz wrote: »
    Has anyone bought from http://www.wgcshop.com/

I did a quick search of this thread but didn't see anything,it's quite a long thread!

Just wondering if they are reliable.

Thanks

Bought from them lots of times , very reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Anybody had any dealings with Fire-support.co.uk or Special Airsoft Supplies.co.uk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Nothing but good service from fire support,must have ordered half a dozen times from there now.One thing to be aware of is they only take credit card via pay pal outside of Britain.Here's an
    earlier thread on them http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442691

Edit:I wouldn't bother with special airsoft supplies:http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=28972

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5035

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/721/sort/2/cat/35/page/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Nothing but good service from fire support,must have ordered half a dozen times from there now.One thing to be aware of is they only take credit card via pay pal outside of Britain.Here's an
    earlier thread on them http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442691

Edit:I wouldn't bother with special airsoft supplies:http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=28972

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5035

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/721/sort/2/cat/35/page/1

Fire Support are brilliant and very helpful.
    I have ordered of them regularly for the last few years!
    Never had any problems with them.
    They have always taken my credit card over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Special Airsoft Supplies are the worst airsoft retailer in the EU. I'm pretty sure of that, 2nd worst in the world I'd say.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

I recently ordered some stuff with Airsoftglobal and they shipped the goods by FedEx.I was just wondering what FedEx are like.Does the package go straight to customs and get held for ages??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I recently ordered some stuff with Airsoftglobal and they shipped the goods by FedEx.I was just wondering what FedEx are like.Does the package go straight to customs and get held for ages??

Hi
    Fedex have their own customs unit!
    In my experiences with them they always charge duty.:(
    They have never delayed any of my parcels.:D
    They sometimes collect the duty at the door and on 2 occasions they have delivered the parcels and then about 4 weeks later sent out an invoice for the duty!
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Fedex have their own customs unit!
    In my experiences with them they always charge duty.:(
    They have never delayed any of my parcels.:D
    They sometimes collect the duty at the door and on 2 occasions they have delivered the parcels and then about 4 weeks later sent out an invoice for the duty!
    Hope this helps.

I dont mind paying duty as long as I get the goods.Great help.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

all courier company fedex ups etc etc have there own section that deals with customs for you, this does not mean that it will not held by Irish customs, if they do a spot check it will be delivered to customs and held, i've had parcels shipped thought ups and fedex held by customs before

Is there a chance that a few accessories will be held for a long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Has anyone used airsoftgames.com ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Out of interest have Irish airsoft supplies closed down?Their website is off line http://irishairsoftsupplies.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know many people don't hold airguns.ie in high regard anyway, but I really have to just stress that I could not recommend them as an outlet never to purchase anything from enough.

I bought from them once in the past, order never showed up, got on to them and it turned out the order never went through even though my payment did. Something about moving premises, or stock, or something. OK, no big deal - it happens. Not going to hold that against anyone.

Now, come last Friday. I order from them again because they're the only Irish shop that seem to sell high quality spring pistols (TM Range). Bought Pistol and AK Rail from them. Next day delivery, etc etc. Off work until tomorrow, so figured it'd arrive no hassles. Confirmation email said both items were in stock. So, Tuesday, nothing. Emailed them, got a response which was pretty friendly and all that, said the M92F was actually out of stock and they're replace it with something else, it'd arrive Thursday before 5PM. Again, not a huge deal, I said grand, thanks.

Except come Thursday, the last day I can receive the package, and still no sign by 6PM. So I emailed them again, basically telling them that I was really pissed off. I even mentioned the airsoft section of boards, saying that 'pending your response, I will probably post my experience on the retailers thread'. I'm sure it's familiar to them. My line here is that they need to really improve their customer service as as well as my 2 experiences, I've heard a few stories about them being slow in general (searching boards.ie will uncover this). Anyway, the reply:

(Thanks for the free BB's by the way, I do appreciate that actually)
    David,

Your order was sent via DHL Next Day Service today.
    DHL Tracking xxxxx

We apologised about the delay of 4 days*. This was due to several reasons.
    The main one being we were moving back into our warehouse facility from the retail shop.
    Unfortunately your order was held up in the transition and therefore we sent you a free pack of Tokyo Marui BBS.

Now as regards your threat..what a joke you are. Get off your high horse little boy.
    Run off to boards and make your thread. Just remember we are about to become the largest importer of Tokyo Marui in Ireland & UK in the next 2 months.
    We will be launching our new Tokyo Marui web store with every possible Tokyo Marui product available online and in store in our new Cork facility.

YOU and your address will be the first and only person to be rejected both online and in our store if you feel you have to write negatively about us.

Your decision, enjoy the free BBs.

Richard

*Please not that never did he actually apologise before this mail despite this claim.

I replied with:
    Richard,

Firstly thank you for the BB's, secondly that wasn't a threat. If you noticed I said 'pending your response', because I don't just go around like a 10 year old e-warrior posting crap left right and center. I was perfectly satisfied to wait for an explanation, after all who knows, maybe I'd made some sort of mistake for all I knew, despite my frustration. If you ever read boards.ie, you'll actually notice that in my comments regarding airguns.ie I was actually quite favorable, mentioning that I was given free stuff, unrequested, and that it was a commendable approach seeing as any retailer is bound to make a mistake or two. Jesus man, if you'd just left out the last part of your email there I'd have left it at that. There isn't an airsoft retailer in the country that someone hasn't had problems with, though I don't think I've ever seen that sort of reaction before.

Where I was coming from was the fact that I was actually given the same excuse last time around as well. I'm not one to believe in free stuff because someone else made a mistake, I actually hate that sort of pursuit of 'compo' over ridiculous reasons. I never expected any. But I am a lot more annoyed that it so happens that both orders I made were late, and both for seemingly similar reasons, and when Airguns.ie cropped up once or twice before, it was met with disfavourable reaction based upon the predecessor DW2.

I couldn't care less what you are or may be the biggest importer of, do you think I honestly believe my 50 euro order is worth the smell of your own fart to you? I never pretended I did and I wouldn't pretend otherwise but I do think the operation might need a bit of improvement in the line of service. Maybe I'm just incredibly misfortunate in that the two orders I made, both times they were delayed and for the same reasons. It doesn't matter to me if you wanted to blacklist me from your website, I honestly don't see myself ever buying anything else there again. I'm not going to even bother throwing out the 'I'll take my business elsewhere' line either because quite frankly I wouldn't have been buying there again but it's nice to have the confirmation.

Moral: Stuff I ordered from Poland arrived before stuff from Airguns.ie. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Well, there's one retailer/website I won't be visiting anytime soon. Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

That's fairly bad customer service right there to be honest.

Just so it's known, airguns.ie were previously refused a thread on the forum, the reason for this was because the very name of their store is against the forums charter, so just incase anyone is wondering why they dont post here.
    Charter wrote:
    Do not use terms such as Airgun, Pellet gun or anything which refers to a firearm or weapon. They are not the same thing. Repeat offense will result in a temporary ban. Continued use may result in longer bans or outright permanent bans.

Just remember we are about to become the largest importer of Tokyo Marui in Ireland & UK in the next 2 months.
    We will be launching our new Tokyo Marui web store with every possible Tokyo Marui product available online and in store in our new Cork facility.

this must fit in with there comments about being the direct importer of TM in Ireland, as far as i was aware tm does not sell directly outside of japan... anyway we have trouble with them before down in cork, not a store i would recommend to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I've heard of snotty customer service but this takes the cake. Good thing there's enough competition that people have ample opportunity to take their business elsewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well tbh I would have never bought off them anyway given their behaviour in the past but that is just plain ignorant and short sighted. With an attitude like that to a paying customer I can see these guys disappearing soon enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Jeezuz thats a mental reply.,lol,

talk about being downright ignorant, he can talk all his bullsh&te about being the biggest this and that, with service like that he wont be around very long., i certainly wouldn't be throwing my money at that sort of carry on.,

to be honest though, you were putting your hand out to be smacked on that one., out of all the retailers in the country, i wouldnt go near anyone other than the ones that are here on boards., there here because they have proved themselves to be decent, fair and honest business people., stick to what you know.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

From a customer assistant working in the indsutry....my jaw just hit the floor...and went through it.

That is absolutely disgraceful carry on in fairness. We all make cock ups but that sort of reply just aint on in fairness.

Also, I find it highly amusing that Mr " I'm going to be Tokyo Marui's love child", ironicly sells his TM gear for the same price as everyone else : /

Anyways, my ebaybanned order arrived today. Bout 3 weeks from time purchased. Considering the X-mas period not bad considering they are usually slow on the shipping.
    X6 fast mags
    1x Boonie
    1x Blast belt

Good quality stuff, although it looks like one fastmag is different to the other 5. Its one ive seen most commonly in the field here, but let me tell you the 5 others i got are much better, more study, smaller and so easy to use.

Anyways I guess Ebaybanned get another thumbs up from me.

I've got a multicam jacket on order from bidchart. I know they get some stick from people with slow delivery times. But as someone shopping with ebay for years im used to it. I dont mind waiting knowing im getting good quality gear at a ridic low price.

At the end of it all it finally arrived, and instead of an AK Rail I got an M4 Carry Handle that looks 2nd hand. :mad:

edit: Just looked at their website and it actually is listed under 'ASG Parts - 2nd Hand'.

http://www.airguns.ie/store/product/316/M4A1-Metal-Carry-Handle-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Just thought i'd post my experience of OP Tactical cos I know some people use them.

I put through 2 orders at end of Sept. along with a question or two. First email response was a just single word "yes" (no salutations or signatures or thanks for your business or anything) which didn't quite answer the question. They said one items was out of stock and due in in 2 weeks.

I emailed them 2 weeks later and they said it would be shipped at the end of that week.

I emailed them back over 4 weeks later and they said it would be ready later that week. I asked if they could notify me when it would be shipped. No response.

Another 4 weeks later I mailed them again and told them I was taking my business elsewhere if my items weren't shipped. They shipped the next day but after all that they overcharged me for shipping!

Although the products received are excellent the customer service was so awful I'd find it hard to recommend them to anyone.

• Advertisement

At the end of it all it finally arrived, and instead of an AK Rail I got an M4 Carry Handle that looks 2nd hand. :mad:

edit: Just looked at their website and it actually is listed under 'ASG Parts - 2nd Hand'.

http://www.airguns.ie/store/product/316/M4A1-Metal-Carry-Handle-/

Can't wait to hear the response to this mail :D

I got a reply to my email within 12 minutes Thursday evening, but sent the email about getting a 2nd hand M4 Carry Handle at midday today and no reply so far. Will see how this fares out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

What courier does Ehobby use for its 'express' shipping?
    Thanks.

I think its FEDEX., it usually takes about 3-4days.,

been ups for every order with them since the ems lock down for me

• Advertisement

So I should expect extra charges?

i always budget for the charges, if i don;t get any its a bonus

I think I'll just use standard delivery, I can wait:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yep, Puding is right...UPS every time.

And I *always* get hit for charges.

I didnt.,:p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Hi
    Thinking of ordering from Gunner Airsoft, has anybody ever had any problems with ordering from them?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

i had no problems ordering, they will even do you favours if you ask, but they did send me a broken AEG, had to call eirsoft to the rescue again, although he did put 100 euro credit on my account for my troubles:D

to be honest its probably in youre best interest to use an irish retailer if youre buying san AEG, GBB or even scopes and red dots, as these can be confiscated by customs for quite a while..theyre gone all wierd lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nope no problems i find gunner are great myself ordered from them twice before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

I order from them again because they're the only Irish shop that seem to sell high quality spring pistols (TM Range).

actually Seairsoft has TM springers..im positive, i was holding one last week...almost bought it, barely resisted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

G3-Nut wrote: »
    if youre buying san AEG, GBB or even scopes and red dots, as these can be confiscated by customs for quite a while..theyre gone all wierd lately

has there been much confiscated by customs, i thought all they could do was hit you for VAT and such, unless the item was illegle, i.e. Hot FPS and that would be the GARDA's job to test for.

• Advertisement

G3-Nut wrote: »
    actually Seairsoft has TM springers..im positive, i was holding one last week...almost bought it, barely resisted lol

Actually yeah I saw one on their website actually, but it's about 75% dearer then what it cost on airguns.ie so....

No reply from Airguns.ie either about the 2nd hand carry handle instead of the AK Rail and I've sent 2 emails, and given them 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Actually yeah I saw one on their website actually, but it's about 75% dearer then what it cost on airguns.ie so....

No reply from Airguns.ie either about the 2nd hand carry handle instead of the AK Rail and I've sent 2 emails, and given them 3 days.

is that site a splinter from the dw2.ie shop??
    they seem like their taking a urine sample from ya alright

gunners is a great site to order from i give em thumbs up all though their draggin their heals at moment with a current order i have goin with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Anyone had any problems with customs lately. Im thinking of ordering a TM sniper rifle from Fire support.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

moggser wrote: »

gunners is a great site to order from i give em thumbs up all though their draggin their heals at moment with a current order i have goin with them

Same here, waiting 3 weeks for an order to ship, tnt 3 day delivery wasted :rolleyes: lol

is that site a splinter from the dw2.ie shop??
    they seem like their taking a urine sample from ya alright

Yep. And the guy that emailed me/is now ignoring my mails is actually the head of the operation, so nothing more I can really do.

Ordered an AK rail for a tenner off ebay in the end.

Yep. And the guy that emailed me/is now ignoring my mails is actually the head of the operation, so nothing more I can really do.

If you ordered by credit card maybe you could do a chargeback? Probably not worth it for the value involved though.

Same here, waiting 3 weeks for an order to ship, tnt 3 day delivery wasted :rolleyes: lol

yeah lol should be 3 week tnt #
    ya prob got caught up in the xmass rush tho
    their "downgrading a gun" for me well thats their excuse and their sticking to it i guess lol

Ordered an AK rail for a tenner off ebay in the end.

as Gandalf said look for the money back via the credit card regarless of how much it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

I had placed an order for a Ni-Cd battery with Airguns.ie on the 23rd December. I called them on the 2nd to cancel my order because I no longer needed the battery. I told the them to deduct their cancellation fee from the order. The guy agreed and the order was cancelled, I did not get a written confirmation of this but I am assuming this is what happened since I did not receive the battery.

I have since emailed them twice to refund my payment and no one is answering their phone since the past 2 days. If I do not get a reply within the next 3-4 days, I will be forced to launch a paypal dispute.

In other words. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

• Advertisement

as Gandalf said look for the money back via the credit card regarless of how much it is

It was Laser. Judging from the post above they're maybe not actually open at the moment or unavailable, so perhaps that's why I've not gotten an email reply. We'll see how it goes. Another race is on: I have stuff coming from Poland since Monday morning, we'll see which arrives first-it or an email from airguns.ie :D

Advertisement