Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Thanks JDR, just looking to pick up a few external accessories of low-ish value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Oh god, if I can give one piece of advice...

DON'T!!!

I have bought so many accessories of low-ish value, that if I hadn't payed for them, then I would probably have been able to afford a VFC at this stage. It's an addiction.

But, yeah, RSOV are good. just watch for customs

If only I got that advice 2 years ago JDR, I'd have less crap clogging up my room :)

I'm after an EO-Tech 552 for a project I'm working on, but I'm a bit snowed under by the different "brands."

Just need to know which type would be least problematic before I commit funds as I am aware of lemons for all the clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Nothing major - just bought a MAC-10 mag last April ($45 with shipping) and received an empty registered A4 envelope - albeit with a small hole in it.

Long story - but suffice to say I allowed the paypal claim to expire (in good faith like a fool) as ehobby said they would replace it once they got confirmation from the GPO here that the item was missing.
    They got that and still nothing - not even communication.

Have done a fair bit of business with them over the last 3 years - mostly through ebay - mostly good experience to be honest and I know there's a load of you out there who think the sun shines outta their asses and that's great.

But I judge a retailer on how they treat and behave with their customers when there's a problem.

Ahhh, I dont give a s hit about the money anymore - but their customer service is so fcuked when you have a problem that it's simply not worth the time and hassle dealing with them.

Not really interested in a debate on the merits of these fukkers either - just my vent...:rolleyes:

Well a big fcukin "FCUK YOU" to Mr eHobbyAsia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anyone know what Gunner are like for shipping, communications etc.? Looking to buy a few accessories from them (namely a HBAR kit)
    EDIT: Nevermind, I see one of the Irish retailers have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

does anybody know what redwolf are like for shipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

redwolf are bloody fantastic for shipping, 3-5 days if memorey serves me correct, only problem is pretty much everything will get hit for vat / duty + whatever fee UPS charge (think its ups)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I find it takes them a few days to actually get things ready and sent out, but after that its just whatever shipping option you select. Can't really praise them anymore then any of the other decent Chinese retailers. That being said they're not worse so yeah I'd recommend them (Just placed an order with them two days ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

thermo wrote: »
    does anybody know what redwolf are like for shipping?

From my personal experience they usually ship same day or next day. Shipping can be expensive as they seem to only offer courier for payment with PayPal or credit card. They seem to mostly use UPS from my experience but they do use TNT from time to time too. You're also nearly 100% guaranteed to get hit for VAT and an admin fee with couriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

www.airsofteire.com - fast shipping as always (order Tuesday and its on my door step Wednesday).

• Advertisement

From my personal experience they usually ship same day or next day.

I made an order last Sunday and I'm still waiting for them to send it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

More ebay banned wows, waiting 3 weeks now for a foregrip.....

TheDoc wrote: »
    More ebay banned wows, waiting 3 weeks now for a foregrip.....

Seriously? When will you learn doc?

Funnily enough the only retailer I've never had a single problem with in two years of ordering airsoft gear is ebaybanned. In fact not only have I never had a problem but he's gone out of his way more then once to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

Hadn't ordered anything of ebaybanned in nearly a year after they royally screwed up my last order. When the AABB WA engraved receiver appeared recently had to have one regardless, so took a chance. To my shock they had it shipped in 3 days (and emailed me the correct tracking number) and it arrived 5 days later. Think I got lucky :).

scanlant wrote: »
    Seriously? When will you learn doc?

When I can walk into a shop here and have readily available magpul treats at not OTT prices ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

i made four orders off the dreaded banned in as many weeks and they went with out a hitch

what i do before making the order is i ask them have they got what it is that i want in stock and when they say yes sir we do i go for it there and then

Usually do the same, this time round got told it was in stock, paid, asked for tracking number, nothing

Then got a mail last week, so dont know what the dealio is like.

I guess you cant complain when its so cheap and free shipping but with so many people getting grand orders, always wonder if they just flag mine to intentionally piss me off after the various rows we have had.

They still owe me a fair few quid aswell the snakey bastards.

TheDoc wrote: »
    When I can walk into a shop here and have readily available magpul treats at not OTT prices ? :P

Heh, they really must have you on their ****-list with the amount of issues you have when you order.

FWIW, I've never had a problem with ordering from them either, but I've moved away from their cheaper clone stuff ages ago and now original branded gear as I can.

I've ordered stuff from rsov express and I've gotten it pretty swiftly. I'm going to move as many of my small purchases there for convenience.

I've ordered stuff from rsov express and I've gotten it pretty swiftly. I'm going to move as many of my small purchases there for convenience.

Do you actually get your items faster with RSOV express?
    As the two times I've used it it took the usual 3 days before they sent it off and the 10-14 days to receive it.
    The only thing that was faster was the checkout system. And seeing as I've already registered on RSOV its not really that much faster at all.

• Advertisement

I was never comparing it to rsov, tbh I use rsov aswell, but I get an extra % discount from rsov express, so I use that more often.

I just don't buy from ebaybanned anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

lads, ive ordered a few bits from ehobby and selected the 10-20 day option...are they fairly good at staying within that time?

I was never comparing it to rsov, tbh I use rsov aswell, but I get an extra % discount from rsov express, so I use that more often.

I just don't buy from ebaybanned anymore.

Oh right my apologizes, I misunderstood you. But the question still stands, do you get items faster with RSOV express? (Just looking for other peoples opinions/experiences).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

lads, ive ordered a few bits from ehobby and selected the 10-20 day option...are they fairly good at staying within that time?

Normally arrives in & around week 3. :)

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dasanimal

iv got a ICS sig 551 swat and im looking for a scope mount for it! i cant find the ICS or TM rails ( both fit the ics modal)..i found a G&G sig rail mount online which looks like it could fit but im unsure..any one know if the G&G Sig rail will fit the ICS sig?

www.rsov.com

Placed an order Monday night and received today. Great service, good communication. Would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dasanimal

www.rsov.com

Placed an order Monday night and received today. Great service, good communication. Would recommend

i could not see any rail mount..searched all they had but nothing there

A rail mount for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i think dasanimal thought Saul-Goode9 post was an answer to his post

Ah right, hadn't seen dasanimals original post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

zeke wrote: »
    hi guys
    Did anybody ever deal with this shop. r they good?
    www.sgairsoft.biz

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

zeke wrote: »
    hi guys
    Did anybody ever deal with this shop. r they good?
    www.sgairsoft.biz

Takes 2 weeks off for spamming the forum thanks to all who have reported. Zeke after 2 weeks please try and play nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

I was in sgairsoft on saturday. Thought i'd go up and have a poke around.

Wasn't talking for too long but they seemed like nice fellas. Good amount of stock too, which is nice change.

Had lots of reasonably priced tac gear, mostly multi-cam, and optics.
    Good amount of spares and the little auxiliaries which can be difficult to get, mesh masks, gloves, elbow/ knee pads etc.

I was in sgairsoft on saturday. Thought i'd go up and have a poke around.

Wasn't talking for too long but they seemed like nice fellas. Good amount of stock too, which is nice change.

Had lots of reasonably priced tac gear, mostly multi-cam, and optics.
    Good amount of spares and the little auxiliaries which can be difficult to get, mesh masks, gloves, elbow/ knee pads etc.

where they based looked at the website and didn see an address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Its at the very top of the web page.

Near tolka park in fairview

cheers funk

ordered a 4x32 acog and magpul afg from ehobby on the 15th of this month, selected the slower 10-20 day delivery and it arrived this mornin, all in order...very impressed so thumbs up for ehobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Just checking to see if anyone has heard/dealt with these before?

http://www.airsoftforall.com/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

As usual nothing but positive things to say about tony and and lads at eirsoft. Cheers again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sucre

I know the guys from Airsfot for all, theyre solid, at this stage youll probably have ur stuff, i already got 3 from them!!! enjoy mate!

Well I checked the tracking number this morning to see whats going on with my package. Ordered an angled foregrip about 3-4 weeks ago and nothing.

It says on the HK postal site

"27th of july returned to sender"

I've asked him to just refund my money and I'll buy elsewhere.

Useless shower of dopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Forgot to post about good experience with Airsoft-club

Ordered 2 rifle cases last Tuesday, left HK Friday and arrived this Tuesday. Probably the fastest delivery I've got from China so +1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Doc, are you this persistant with everything? Or they really don't like you.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Doc, are you this persistant with everything? Or they really don't like you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" really applies to Ebaybanned's relationship with Doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Is pro&t's website down for everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Markom5a wrote: »

Yep

Markom5a wrote: »

Yep, down since Friday for me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Anybody ever delt with Airsoft Club before ? Whats there shipping prices like ?

Theres a few nice things i'd be interested in : flashlight, mesh goggles ect ect.

mle1324 wrote: »
    Anybody ever delt with Airsoft Club before ? Whats there shipping prices like ?

Theres a few nice things i'd be interested in : flashlight, mesh goggles ect ect.
    Blay wrote: »
    Forgot to post about good experience with Airsoft-club

Ordered 2 rifle cases last Tuesday, left HK Friday and arrived this Tuesday. Probably the fastest delivery I've got from China so +1 :)

Shipping's bit cheaper than Ehobby

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement