Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Sorry about the delay.
    Yes. I have paid for it and it was by laser card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Write to the retailer, giving them a set time to fulfil the order or get a full refund. Tell them that failure to act will result in Small Claims Court for the recovery of your money. Send it by registered post.
    You could also point out this thread to them as well or if they have a thread on here you could ask them on it to fulfil the contract for a pistol.

I am assuming you still have the necessary paperwork( bank Statement) showing a transaction occured.
    You could also contact your bank and see if they can help, but given the amount of time, I would doubt it.

Citizens Advice might be worth a visit.

I am not a legal person but good luck with the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

GarH wrote: »
    I’m getting really p***ed off at this stage and I don’t know if I should take it further i.e. solicitors letter.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Gar

Hi Gar,

If you bought it online, over the phone etc, you need to read the below:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

If it was an instore purchase:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

They will be able to advise you over the phone too.
    Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Hi Gar,

If you bought it online, over the phone etc, you need to read the below:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

If it was an instore purchase:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

They will be able to advise you over the phone too.
    Best of luck. :)

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Have to recommend these guys , ordered on Saturday and it shipped yesterday. I had a slight problem with the order as my shipping address was wrong or something but they emailed me Monday morning and I replied with the correct address. One hour later I got an email saying it was shipped.

Great service and lightning fast shipping in my opinion . +1 for these guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭chris20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

chris20 wrote: »
    :D
    good way to get discount ......
    airsoft-aff.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭chris20

whydave wrote: »
    :D
    good way to get discount ......
    airsoft-aff.jpg

would you belive i never scrolled down that far haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Anyone had dealings with www.galwayairsoftsupplies.com before? Thinking of getting an M16 off them but I hadn't heard of this site until less than a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Just had a dealing with http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/default.asp?page=gun for the first time, and I am very impressed.

I had been looking for an L85 rail adapter for ages, and found they had one in stock. I was a little dubious ordering it, as their paypal system is a bit strange (you place the order, a day or two later they send you a request) but, low and behold 5 days after paying for it it is currently sitting on my desk waiting to be filed down :)

Will definitely deal with the again in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bought some bits from airsoftclub, the muppets sent them in two separate packages without telling me, until I emailed them. Still waiting on package two (a VLTOR stock)

Found it nearly impossible to get a straight answer from MIA about whether or not an item was in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Anyone had dealings with www.galwayairsoftsupplies.com before? Thinking of getting an M16 off them but I hadn't heard of this site until less than a week ago.

Gerry is sound in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Found it nearly impossible to get a straight answer from MIA about whether or not an item was in stock.

I recently inquired about an item in the coming soon section.
    They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site.

They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site

But then again it was a different type of inquiry to yours.

richieffff wrote: »
    They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site

But then again it was a different type of inquiry to yours.

I both e-mailed them directly and rang them a few times because I was confused. The website said in, the employee said out. Three days later, the website still said in so I checked with them again. Nope, still out. Next day, I rang to find out if they knew when they'd be back and was told they were in all of a sudden. Went to the website to order and was told by the website it was out. Rang back to ask them how I got around this and found they'd apparently sold the lot in the two minutes between the two phone calls...

Put me off MIA completely.

Now that is a lot of bull that was happening right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Bought some bits from airsoftclub, the muppets sent them in two separate packages without telling me, until I emailed them. Still waiting on package two (a VLTOR stock)

Update on this: Still no sign of the second package. I em-ailed them and got this reply:
    Hello,
    Sorry for that
    since the Stock (AS2677 ) was out of stock before and it is back in stock yesterday and we have sent out the item to you at once it is on the way to you shipment usually takes 10 - 14 working days
    regards

I then asked for a tracking number for this supposed new package and was told the following:
    Hello,
    Sorry for no tracking number is provided since we send item with standard airmail in Hong Kong Post
    regards

So essentially, the first package had a tracking number and now this special new package doesn't? Suuure.

In the end I had to take it to Paypal court and make a claim for 36 euro (My stock plus shipping) as I was reaching the 45day limit and still no goods. They refunded me my cash but I doubt I'll use them again after all this bollocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Flecktarn.co.uk usually ship to Ireland in 3 days yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Flecktarn.co.uk usually ship to Ireland in 3 days yes?

normally yes, very fast at handing it to the courier but the company's that handle delivery at this end can be slow

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    normally yes, very fast at handing it to the courier but the company's that handle delivery at this end can be slow
    Hmmm should I risk it? Think I'd have it for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hmmm should I risk it? Think I'd have it for the weekend?

I ordered stuff last tuesday and I got it on the thursday :). Gonna order a few more bits tonight and I'm pretty confident I'll have it for the weekend.

Edit: While I'm here, whats the usual delivery time for ehobby? (I chose the express delivery)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

KonFusion wrote: »
    I ordered stuff last tuesday and I got it on the thursday :). Gonna order a few more bits tonight and I'm pretty confident I'll have it for the weekend.

Edit: While I'm here, whats the usual delivery time for ehobby? (I chose the express delivery)

Ordered a pack of midcaps about three weeks back. Paid for them Sunday and got them early Thursday. Hope that's some good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Had a very bad experience with them and definitely wouldn't ever buy anything there again.

Ordered a product in May which was "In stock" except it wasn't, was told it would be instock by the end of the week - it wasn't.

They said they would refund my order that day on paypal - they didn't.

Kept ringing once a week to see if I could get a credit note or pick products to the value of what I ordered.

After 5 weeks I got a call back and told that the "original" item was posted to me but with "no tracking". This just didn't ring true to me.

Owner offered to let me pick something of a lesser value(to cover the P&P) so I did and he said he'd send it out.

A few days later an item similar, but not what i had asked for as a replacement, arrived. It had been bent in two to fit it into an envelope and broken.

Cut my losses then and would recommend going anywhere else

Anybody have any experience they'd like to comment on with airsoftkings.ie ?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Anybody have any experience they'd like to comment on with airsoftkings.ie ?

:)

One of they guys here in the office ordered a gun from the website but it was out of stock. When they couldn't get it in in time for his deadline they refunded his money no problem.

Seem like a genuine bunch of guys but maybe mail them before buying anything to check if they have it in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I know several members recommend batteries/chargers/components from RC hobby suppliers, and I've used Component-Shop myself in the past and unreservedly recommend them. However, the biggest range of LiPos that I've yet seen is on the HobbyKing site. While the vast majority of the batteries are aimed at the RC market they do have some airsoft-specific products. I decided to order a couple of LiPos to see what they are like, the items being Turnigy Nano-Tech stock tube LiPos. The main specs are standard enough, 7.4v 1300mAh, but the big difference is in the C-rating, these are rated 25-50C (25C continuous, up to 50C burst) which means the trigger response should be nice & snappy. The best part of the whole deal though was the price, I got 2 LiPos delivered to the door for $20. OK, they took 12 days (8 business days) to get here but at that price I'm not going to complain.

I will let you know how I get on with them but Turnigy are a recognised brand in the LiPoly market so I don't expect any issues. Check out HobbyKing if you're in the market for some LiPos.

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    One of they guys here in the office ordered a gun from the website but it was out of stock. When they couldn't get it in in time for his deadline they refunded his money no problem.

Seem like a genuine bunch of guys but maybe mail them before buying anything to check if they have it in stock.

Thanks for the info. :)

Do you know if the prices on the site are accurate? Some are so good that I'm wondering what the catch is :P

Decoy wrote: »
    block of text

Yeah - those lipos are frickin' sweet. Turnigy are a great brand, I've one myself I pilfered off Cha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damaskinos

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Damaskinos wrote: »
    <snip>
    Hi there,
    If you have an issue with an airsoft retailer - please take it up with them directly.
    If, as you also also claim, you have taken legal steps then it is inappropriate to post about it here therefore I have removed the content of your post.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damaskinos

Steve wrote: »
    Hi there,
    If you have an issue with an airsoft retailer - please take it up with them directly.
    If, as you also also claim, you have taken legal steps then it is inappropriate to post about it here therefore I have removed the content of your post.

Thanks.

Strange to see that the truth cant be told here and people cant be warned to watch who they give there money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Damaskinos wrote: »
    Strange to see that the truth cant be told here and people cant be warned to watch who they give there money.
    How am I to know it's the truth?

You signed up here purely to post to a colourful accusation about a retailer. hmmm.
    Your options are to engage with them privately or to engage with them in the retailers forum where they can reply to you about any issue you may have (forum rules and etiquette mean they can't and won't defend themselves here).

It's your choice my friend, if you choose to post such accusations here again then your posting rights will be removed. :)

Will ehobby downgrade? Any idea how much they charge?

Thanks. :)

Yea ehobby will downgrade I heard they do it for free

• Advertisement

Yea ehobby will downgrade I heard they do it for free

Really? Sorted. I'll bang off an email so.

Any idea how reliable they are at actually doing it though?

Don't want them to say "yeah no problem" and then have it seized for being over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

How is it that everytime i order something off the net something gets mixed up! made an order on RSOV the last day, came today the SERPA holster is for a USP compact NOT a .45 which i have and the rail attachment i ordered is tan coloured not black as i ordered... i cud get over the rail attachment thingy but the holster thing pisses me off! hope they will change it for me!

Really? Sorted. I'll bang off an email so.

Any idea how reliable they are at actually doing it though?

Don't want them to say "yeah no problem" and then have it seized for being over :rolleyes:

Tell them to put a note saying downgraded below 1 joule so even if it is over it will show you made an attempt at downgrading and you should get your gun <Snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Tell them to put a note saying downgraded below 1 joule so even if it is over it will show you made an attempt at downgrading and you should get your gun and if you don't it should stand up in court.

Sorry Ronan but that is complete twaddle. If a RIF is stopped by customs & sent for testing, if it is found to be over 1 joule it will be destroyed, there is no leave to appeal, just destruction.

Decoy wrote: »
    Sorry Ronan but that is complete twaddle. If a RIF is stopped by customs & sent for testing, if it is found to be over 1 joule it will be destroyed, there is no leave to appeal, just destruction.

Oh right Cheers for that Mark :)

• Advertisement

So my question still stands, how reliable are they at actually doing the downgrade?

I assume that they're decent enough if retailers buy off them, who certainly can't be having loads of stock destroyed & losing money.

So my question still stands, how reliable are they at actually doing the downgrade?

I assume that they're decent enough if retailers buy off them, who certainly can't be having loads of stock destroyed & losing money.
    Yea From what I've heard they are reliable

last time I asked they told me $40 and that was on a saw, where to change the spring you hit a lever and the spring guide pops out. maybe they changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

okay so as long as its under the power limit it can get to me no problem?
    Also should I trust ordering a gun from ehobby?

I will never do business with ehobbyasia again as long as I live. Just spent the last few weeks playing email tennis with them about returning a magazine which I ordered off them under the premise it would fit my pistol, to cut a long story short it didn't and they wanted me to pay all the charges re sending it back and didn't have a replacement a send me back out and so would not reimburse the shipping cost and cost of the item... really not happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

I ordered a Tac Vest, battery and a couple of mags off Ehobbyasia. There was no trouble at all with those. However I never got an AEG from there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

okay so as long as its under the power limit it can get to me no problem?

Hell no!!!!
    Ive emailed them in advance asking if they downgrade before making an order, no problem yada yada. Two rifles arrived in the country in the country and put them through the chrono. had to dismantle them straight away until a lower spring is fitted. When i brought this up they denied ever getting an email enquiry which I had to then forward on in which they apologised asking if they could do anything. I replied they could at least have the curtiousy to send me springs and they replied no bothers...... its will cost you this much *face palm* but we will post free. I reluctanly gave in after they asking for my paypal address to send payment request. I gave it to them and the next email said we are sorry but your package has already shipped so shipping will cost you in which i responded I know it shipped, its that shipment im giving out hell about. Awaiting my next email.

Decided to try them and never again. If i do buy online again it will be uncompany or wgc as they have always been reliable

What are peoples experiences buying stuff from UNcompany? are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Hell no!!!!
    Ive emailed them in advance asking if they downgrade before making an order, no problem yada yada. Two rifles arrived in the country in the country and put them through the chrono. had to dismantle them straight away until a lower spring is fitted. When i brought this up they denied ever getting an email enquiry which I had to then forward on in which they apologised asking if they could do anything. I replied they could at least have the curtiousy to send me springs and they replied no bothers...... its will cost you this much *face palm* but we will post free. I reluctanly gave in after they asking for my paypal address to send payment request. I gave it to them and the next email said we are sorry but your package has already shipped so shipping will cost you in which i responded I know it shipped, its that shipment im giving out hell about. Awaiting my next email.

Decided to try them and never again. If i do buy online again it will be uncompany or wgc as they have always been reliable

while ehobby have a decent site and good range they have sent out some dodgy gear - an aeg that looked like it was left in the rain - covered in rust and the latest one a m249 box mag that was in bits - clips broken off marks from where someone tried to use a screwdriver to split it

their shipping is expensive too.

WGC are an excellent shop they had a stall throughout berget 9 and they were a sound bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

uncompany and wgc are fantastic

• Advertisement
Advertisement