Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Repairs?

• 17-08-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I have a fujitsu siemens laptop, two days ago a miniscule amount of water went onto the keyboard where the cursor keys are, i cleaned as much as I could with my sleeve and then turned it off and left it to dry but still no luck.

So basically im looking for the name of the best place to get this repaired.

I have a warranty on it but do no have a receipt so presumably that rules that out.

cheers
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Bring it back to where you bought it and explain you have no receipt but it's still under warranty.They should still honour it if you can prove otherwise its still within the warranty period.Leave the machine in the hot press for the moment with the battery takin out of it for a good 24hrs to fully dry out,then try turning it on.It may look dry but might not be inside just yet.If all else fails try your local computer repair place but be prepared to foot a large bill if its the motherboard!.If I were you I'd exhaust the warranty route first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sorry to hear that. Is your laptop completely dead?

I don't think most standard warranties cover water damage so if you take that route I wouldn't mention that incident to them, unless you have accidental damage insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

No everything is working grand, except the keyboard. the inbuilt mouse scroller works fine. Some of the keys seem to work on the keyboard but others dont (backspace doesnt work and when i press i it seems three letters are coming up for that one)
    I cant tell for sure what keys are working properly cause i am always getting stuck at my password input screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

So your not dead in the water completely , hook a usb keyboard upto your laptop or indeed an older ps/2 connector one if it has the port and log into windows using that keyboard,then open notepad and test your laptops keyboard to see what keys aren't working.Might need a replacement keyboard by sound of it.

Advertisement