Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership to axe 'injury break'

• 17-08-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Premiership to axe 'injury break'

My God, could this be common sense making a late come back??? :eek:
    The Premier League has asked players, managers and referees to end the custom of the ball being kicked out of play when a player goes down injured.

Decisions on whether a break in play is necessary for treatment to be received will now be taken by the referee.

"There was a general feeling that this player-led convention had gone too far," Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson told BBC Sport.

Bravo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

so common sense preveils:rolleyes: i will believe it when i see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

yeah, it was farcical during the WC. It only added to the embarrasing antics of some guys feigning injury.

not to change the subject, but i would reall like to see guys getting immediate yellows for diving and the fake injury business. This combined with a retrospective yellow card system for such offences if they are not picked up by the ref, and a mandatory 2 (or more) minute removal of a player from the game if the physio is called in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

A good way to make this work (because initially players will still be kicking the ball out) might be to yellow card the person taking the throw to resume play if they take an age and the referee hasn't actually indicated that play should be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

fantastic to see this being axed. Now all we need is mandatory yellows to those players waving imaginary cards.

Advertisement