Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Does anywhere have a 50" plasma in stock in Dublin?

• 17-08-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a 50" plasma for less than 3400e in Dublin? I ordered a 50" Samsung for 3000e from Komplett over a month ago and there's still no indication they'll be getting it in stock anytime soon.

Cant find anywhere in the yellow pages - is TV the wrong section to be looking at, peats have no 50" on their web page...pleeese help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

DID have a 50" Philips for around the €3,600 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Did you ask anyone in Peats if they could get you one and soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Yeah, I was in there last week. They had one in for 7000euro. All is ok now, the one I ordered from Komplett over a month ago arrived today. 2999euro + delivery. Shopping around saves money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I know you are looking for a plasma tv but, i was in the Sony Centre on O'Connoll St today and saw a very nice 50" CRT for E1500 or E1600. It was a very nice looking TV and it wasn't too big. I paid E1200 for a SHARP Aquious and was very sorry i hadn't seen this first. Very good value. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Oww wee, 50" CRT. (that rhymes Marge, and you know it rhymes)Thats a big ass CRT. I didn't even know they made them that larrrgeee.
    But as I said, the one I ordered ages ago arrived so I'm outta the market.

Aside, large TVs really don't hold back on showing you how bad quality TV broadcasts are. Bring on HDTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

jaykay2 wrote:
    I know you are looking for a plasma tv but, i was in the Sony Centre on O'Connoll St today and saw a very nice 50" CRT for E1500 or E1600. It was a very nice looking TV and it wasn't too big.

that was a rear projection tv (rptv), not crt

Advertisement