Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy video to PCTV

Options
  • 17-08-2006 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

HAve the PCTV professional on the PC. Plays tv and records tv no bother at all. Was hoping that one of you would know how to copy a video from vhs onto it. Reckon i need a different cable.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You require a composite or s-video (better quality) cable to connect the VCR to the multi-input on your tuner. Check your VCR for either output, if neither are present you can use a scart adaptor (set to output mode) to convert the signal into composite. Any regular audio/video store should stock the required cables.

After that load up some recording software (Windows Movie Maker will even do), press play on the VCR and record the output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Cheers for the quick reply.The output from the scart convertor,\will that be a normal tv cable into the back of the tv card of the pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The scart adaptor outputs over composite video cables (yellow for video, red/white for audio) or s-video (ignore s-video as it wont work right anyway).

Which kind of PCTV Pro do you have as there have been more than one ?

First generation

Second generation

Its the first generation, got it working...cheers...one last question...when i play what i recorded off the video its a tad fast ) not the same speed as it was on the video.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

your video is not playing ntsc is it?
    NTSC runs a bit faster than pal, so maybe if your recording pal but its actually ntsc it will be faster(and sometimes black and white)

• Advertisement

...not too sure what the video is. Found a seting on the Windows Movie maker that could slow things down,. worked fine.

Cheers

Advertisement