Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny property

Options
  • 17-08-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks,
    I’m looking at buying an apartment in Kilkenny for a little over 220,000.
    Is this good/bad for Kilkenny?
    Where are the good and bad places?
    I live and work in Dublin but my firm may move to Kilkenny in the next year.
    In the short term I’m thinking of it as an investment.
    Is it worth it in Kilkenny?
    It seems to be a very prosperous place, nice city etc but compared to Carlow and Waterford there’s not a huge amount of third level/industry.
    Is Kilkenny likely to become an even more ‘happening’ place in the next few years?
    Is there much development going on there? What’s the opportunity for renting and income from it?
    If the 'bubble' was to burst how likely would Kilkenny be to suffer?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Check out Kilkenny Western Environs. Kilkenny County Council are developing a new town out there. Some nice places going up there. The one off the Callan Road look nice. Tracey & Sons are building them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I don't think you can go too far with Kilkenny. I'm just kicking myself I didn't buy in Athy 2yrs ago when it was dirt cheap

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I don't think you can go too far with Kilkenny. I'm just kicking myself I didn't buy in Athy 2yrs ago when it was dirt cheap

It its still relatively cheap. I'm down there a lot and the prices seem very decent. Had thought of buying there myself but with work (might have been able to get a transfer to our Waterford office) its just better to be up in Dublin

Advertisement