Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with power steering & heater

Options
  • 17-08-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Recently the power steering & heater/air blower went at the same time in the car. Fuse board seems fine, was wondering would anyone have any ideas what has caused this? Car is 1.6 Citroen Saxo.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I don't know too much about citroens, power steering fluid leak into heater motor or other electronics ? Is the power steering resevoir losing fluid. more detail would be needed here. Did the steering go suddenly or die away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Stopped to get petrol & when i turned back on the engine i noticed the steering was really heavy & that the heater was not working. was pissed off so gave the steering wheel a smack while driving, then the heater turned on & the power steering kicked in. Stayed on for a few days, then went again, hit steering wheel a smack & they came back for a week or so, then went again & have been gone every since.
    No leakage from what i say, some people have suggestion a new ignition barrell will fix both problems??

Advertisement