Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Pride 2006

Options
  • 17-08-2006 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ireland's Longest running Pride
    Brod Ireland Galway's Gay Pride takes place from Friday 25th Aug-Sun 27th.
    LETS MAKE IT A GREAT 1.

The line up for the weekend is
    ******Thursday 24th August*******
    Opening of Pride @ Club Arus ngeal
    Domnick street, 7.30
    Everyone welcome

*******Friday 25th August 2006********

10:30 p.m. BRÓD IRELAND Launch Party
    in association with EDEN @ The Junction Nite Club
    DJ Lil Monica

****Saturday 26th August 2006********
    2.30pm BRÓD IRELAND 2006 Pride Parade
    Commencing @ Shannon dry cleaners Prospect Hill.DON'T BE LATE!!

Followed by

Party in the Park in Fr. Griffin Park,
    Tag rugby with Emerald Warriors,
    fun and games galore.

Can le Brod-Sing with Pride
    Nuns Island Theatre @ 8pm
    Musicians,Dramatists,Performers
    Tickets E5

11.00pm Brod Ireland Pride Party
    at the Blackbox,
    Guest DJ'S + more,Not to be missed!!
    Tickets are E15 available from the town hall theatre Galway,credit card line (091)569777, or E17 on the night.

****Sunday 27th August 2006****

Sing - A - Long Cruise on the Corrib Princess with DJ Taz
    Departing Woodquay @ 4pm Sharp
    Tickets available in advance from Stranos/Stage Door/EDEN
    - priced @ E10 or E12 on the day

Speed Dating as Gaeilge and english
    Club Arus na nGeal,Domnick street @ 7:30pm

Bród Ireland finale upstairs in the Shadow Lounge @ Karma
    With Guest DJ Doors 11pm E10

WWW.GAYGALWAY.COM.
    WWW.BRODIRELAND.COM
    WWW.EDENEXPERIENCE.COM
    WWW.STRANO.IE
    www.freemag.net
    www.irelandxposed.com
    E-Mail galwaypride06@yahoo.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Galway06

Also on in galway next week (22nd, 23rd, 24th August) - the EYE Cinima along with IFI are running a Lesbian and Gay Film Festival....

Here is the Link..... http://www.eyecinema.ie/cinemas/hot_offers.asp?SessionID=646AE27661CB45F388EC88D835F83518&cn=1&ci=2&ln=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Gay tag Rugby? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

DRakE wrote:
    Gay tag Rugby? :eek:

That's what i thought!?

Why not opt for full contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me casts gaze over thread

"Pickup The Gun"

SyxPak wrote:
    /me casts gaze over thread

"Pickup The Gun"

Does one hint a bad pun embedded there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What...? I'm not getting this "pun"

No pun intended. Thread is being watched for detritus.

Jokes is Jokes John!

Struth!!!

Havok: "GAZE"- "Gays"

Maybe, it's all the hanging out McGill, but i'm on pun overload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah roysh!
    was wondering wtf was going on last year as the parade passed me by.
    it all starts to make sense now:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread is deceptive. The title states clearly "Galway Pride 2006" but once I opened the thread it states "Galway Gay Pride" which to me denotes something completely different.

"Galway Pride" suggests that this is something for all Galwegians to show their county pride. This is not the case, and I feel that I have been willingly decieved.

For shame!

Hear hear!

I feel used, I want compensation!

Lets start a riot, and have a public lynching!

Yeah... Me votes lynching!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Get over yourselves!
    And from a mod...
    Maybe you should take pride in your fellow Galwegians in all their colours.

A.

I think you've mis-understood the replies above.

Not too easy to mis-understand my reply. I'm in a blood-thirsty mood, I just wanna hang someone....

and possibly eat them too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 judoka

Why doesn't anyone organise a straight pride parade?

judoka wrote:
    Why doesn't anyone organise a straight pride parade?

Because we have nothing to prove and no one would show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Because we have nothing to prove and no one would show up!

Gay pride isnt about having something to prove. People are discriminated against ratherly ignorantly because of their sexuality. Life isnt easy for gay people in this country if you hadnt noticed. Gay Pride is about encouraging people to be proud of who you are and fight against the stereotypes and discrimination that gay people have to put up with day in and day out. I really cant understand people with a homophobic attitude (thats not directed at you personally RHG) .. I mean what the fck are people afraid of. Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Oh! I'm far from homophobic , I grew up with gay cousins and friends, so I have no problem. Though sometimes when I get hit on, it gets a little un-nerving. But besides that I'm totally cool with gay people. I'm not like alot of people who just say.. "Eurgh.. Gay people are disgusting, they ought to be ashamed of themselves." When in fact they are some of the cleanest and nicest people i know.

I just have a twisted sense of humour, where I must make fun of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Playboy wrote:
    Gay pride isnt about having something to prove. People are discriminated against ratherly ignorantly because of their sexuality. Life isnt easy for gay people in this country if you hadnt noticed. Gay Pride is about encouraging people to be proud of who you are and fight against the stereotypes and discrimination that gay people have to put up with day in and day out. I really cant understand people with a homophobic attitude (thats not directed at you personally RHG) .. I mean what the fck are people afraid of. Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

I was recently in Amsterdam for the weekend. Amsterdam has to be the most liberal city I have ever been in, a most tolerant place. The same weekend was the Amsterdam Gay Pride festival. Thousands of people lined the streets as the floats floated down the canals. It was cool. It is safe to say that gay people are accepted in the Netherlands in general, people displays of affection are not frowned upon unlike in Ireland. However, some of the floats were just offensive, middle aged men in bondage gear bent over chairs and so forth. What does this prove to anyone? It seemed to be designed to be provocative and outrageous. It actually plays to the stereotypes that many people (for the most part) wrongly have about gay people. It thrived on the ‘downtrodden minority who isn’t going to accept discrimination anymore’, so lets be outrageous about it, mentality. We found it petty and childish. Sexuality is just a facet of one’s makeup. I feel sections of the gay community need to move on from the victim mentality that holds them back. Intolerance should never be accepted, but a march that sometimes plays to the stereotypes of the ‘straight’ community, and make grown men look really stupid, is probably not the best way to stamp it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

Aura wrote:
    Get over yourselves!

Maybe you should take pride in your fellow Galwegians in all their colours.

Proud of Sissies ? No thank you.

Proud of Sissies ? No thank you.
    haha best reply yet

IronMan does prove a very good point.

A lot of the time, these marches are organised and run by exhibitionists, people who want everyone to know they are gay. And I don't mean, just saying, "Yes! I am gay, and I am happy!" That's entirely cool by me, in fact I've got to admit respect for their courage, cause it ain't easy to come out for a lot of people. I've known people that have taken years to come out, despite knowing at an early age that they were gay. I do, however, have a problem with people, who are now out, who think it necessary to tell people, "how he dumped his boyfiend cause he wouldn't fúck him hard enough!" Or going into great detail about going down on guys, or the worst for me. Pretty much forcefully telling a 14 year old Redhairedguy how his gay cousin made love, and then showing Red an explicit gay magazine! Which was very disturbing for a 14 year old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Playboy wrote:
    ...Gay Pride is about encouraging people to be proud of who you are and fight against the stereotypes....

Do you not think that the Pride parade merely enforces stereotypes? I have many gay friends and most of them would never be caught in drag and yet the parade would have you think otherwise! Just a thought.

"acceptance" is a close cousin of both apathy and ambivalence for me.

Personally I could care less how people get off, as long as the obvious kids/chickens/garden gnomes aren't attacked.

The typical hyper-extroverted "here and queer" year-round mardi-gras bollocks annoys the piss out of me, irregardless of the person's sexuality.

The 'community' is more than entitled to have their day though. Goat knows the various religious organisations get enough of em.

IrishAirCorps - watch it matey.

i wonder how it was?

Many middle-aged balding men dressed in leather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I would love a straight pride parade.

Advertisement