Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bootcut suit for the modern hippie man

• 17-08-2006 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I need a new "general usage" suit, but the trick is I'm looking for one with pants that don't have bell-bottom legs.. or at least straight, not-narrowing-downwards legs.
    Any idea where can I find something like that in Dublin? A 3-button single-breasted jacket would be perfect pair for those bell-bottoms.
    TOPMAN has something like that, but unfortunately their biggest size 44 jacket is one size too small for my oh-so-muscular chest ;) ..and the quality is not top either..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

ditto!

I'm lookin for plain black bootcut trousers, pretty much the same shape as jeans, with the fabric of trousers, and no V shaped leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

Gents,

I'd recommened "Bests" on O'Connel St. It's near the spire on the corner opposite the Kylmore food place.

I buy most of my suits there. All boot cut. The double button is the win.

Quite a few of the more standard places do boot cut, you just have to ask... but I found Bests' eh the best. I have about 7 suits. Couple of expensive 500 euro ones but the rest are the 250 mark. In the sales you get them about 199'ish.

hope that helps.

Can't for the life of me remember the guy who is up stairs in Best's but he takes a look at you and comes back with a perfectly fitting suit. You being a normal shape :)

oh and any of the Best's do the uits. Dundru etc but the guy up stairs in the O'connel st one is worth a frist visit to at least get your correct dimension. Me = 38S when I thought I was a 36S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

abetarrush wrote:
    ditto!

I'm lookin for plain black bootcut trousers, pretty much the same shape as jeans, with the fabric of trousers, and no V shaped leg

For what you are after neary all the High Street names do boot cut "formal" trousers these days. Next and reiver island et al. I tend to go River Island as next have these strage flat front panel yokes, and some times the next one are a very "firm" material.

They are great for every day "I ain't wearing a suit" days.

Mild pin stripes are the win. Same with the suits!

Advertisement