Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching bank a/c's

Options
  • 17-08-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Currently have a bank a/c with AIB that i opened in secondary school, now want a normal personal a/c with them (or rather, i want a debit card!!) just wondering can you keep your a/c number when you switch? Or can I apply for the debit card without switching? Also i don't think i'd qualify for a student a/c as Im taking this year off after my LC...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just go in and see them. Some accounts can be "converted" - i.e. generally "Teen"/"School" accounts to normal accounts. In some cases they may set you up a new account with a similar account number.

You may have to apply for the debit card, but they won't issue it on a secondary school account.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When I went to change my AIB Cashsave account into a current account, it was not a problem and I managed to keep my bank a/c number.

I'd imagine it would be same in your case. Just ask at the Customer Services desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

i used to work for AIB

no u wont get a debit card on a school account

its easy to switch to a normal account just ask them , it will only
    take them a second to change , they will probably want to "update your details"

yes u keep your account number;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

Thanks, i forgot to go in today when I was in town (well i had forgotten to bring proof of identity stuff, incase they asked) so I'll go in next Friday about it.

Advertisement