Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speakers and Amp

Options
  • 17-08-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Just put a new Blaupunkt cd player in my 94 corolla h\b.

Bought 2 pairs of Blaupunkt speakers also.
    1 pair of 6x9" 220W
    1 pair of 130mm 160W.

Does anyone know a place or person who could fit these for me ASAP??
    Will I need an amp? If so, what size.

I rang Ice tronix and they have no time to do it. they also said they would only fit them if I had bought them off them???

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Where are you located in Dub?In short you dont need an amp to run them straight away,the headunit will do fine.

In the longterm an amp would be advised as they will sound MUCH better.

Like icetronix said and the same with other shops,if you dont buy from them they dont like fitting or else will try charge extortion to do it.

If your in south dub and will travel i could do it for you or talk you thru it at the least.

Unless there's already holes in the rear shelf its gonna have to be cut for the 6x9's,youd also wanna make sure that the front speakers actually fit in the doors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Thanks for reply. I am in Aylesbury in Tallght.

Sent you a PM.

Rang sounddecision in Clondalkin, they too busy to fit speakers this week, needs to be next week.

Thanks again for quick response.

Kev

Advertisement